AutoCal Pass-through w/ Custom PIDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently did the AutoCal tune, and I gotta say I love my tune. Really woke up my older Suburban, what a blast to drive now. Only downside is it’s hard to stay out of the throttle, lol.

What I’m trying to figure out is can I use the AutoCal in pass-through with EFILive on my laptop to monitor parameters while driving and can I swap out PIDs to monitor different stuff, like transmission temp. I saw there are only 24 slots for PIDs and they are all full. I am guessing those are the 24 default PIDs Justin wants back for tuning purposes. I wasn’t sure if I could swap PIDs back and forth for my personal data logging needs and not mess anything up in the AutoCal. Didn’t want to try with out asking and lock it up.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review, we are happy you are enjoying the tune.

You can use the V7.5 scan program in conjunction with the AutoCal and load your own PIDs.

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review, we are happy you are enjoying the tune.

You can use the V7.5 scan program in conjunction with the AutoCal and load your own PIDs.

Is it possible to do it in V8 as well, that’s the version I have.

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would have to use 7.5 for that, you can download it for free using this link https://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive

Awesome, thanks for the info and the link. I do have one more question, I still need to send in my follow up scans for review but I am getting new tires at the end of the month and they are a good bit larger. I know I will need to get new tune files then to correct for tire size. My plan was to wait and send the scans for review when the new tires get here. I figured this way he could review the tunes I am running now and make any changes as well as update the tire size. Is that the best way or should we clean the tunes up now and then update the tire size when they get here? Truck is running good right now so I wasn’t in a rush to have the scans of the new tunes reviewed and figure waiting would allow Justin to get 2 birds 1 stone.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the info and the link. I do have one more question, I still need to send in my follow up scans for review but I am getting new tires at the end of the month and they are a good bit larger. I know I will need to get new tune files then to correct for tire size. My plan was to wait and send the scans for review when the new tires get here. I figured this way he could review the tunes I am running now and make any changes as well as update the tire size. Is that the best way or should we clean the tunes up now and then update the tire size when they get here? Truck is running good right now so I wasn’t in a rush to have the scans of the new tunes reviewed and figure waiting would allow Justin to get 2 birds 1 stone.
It really is up to you on that one. We update our tunes for free as long as you own the vehicle. For tire size and gear change, we will not need another data log, you just let us know the changes and we send you the updated tune file.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989