auto dimming mirrors..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J-Will

#Merica
Reaction score
Actually, I had goggles for snowboarding hooked on my rear-view mirror.. The sensor is on the back of the rear-view mirror for the auto dimming feature. So once you said something about a sensor, I went out and removed my goggles and ****, fixed.. like magic lol I guess the strap for the goggles was blocking the sensor so it couldn't tell if it was day or night, go figure. haha

hahahha. how crazy. i had a grey bandanna hanging from mine. god im stupid. i never put two n two together.... wow.. thanks!

laksboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wanted to bump this thread. Have had this problem in our 2017 Yukon for the last several months intermittently... It just randomly comes on in the middle of the day. Super annoying. Well, my wife has been storing her COVID mask on the mirror... Thanks ski goggle guy! @J-Will

tRidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And yet another COVID-induced problem. It just never ends... lol. Glad you got it fixed!

nussbapj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Actually, I had goggles for snowboarding hooked on my rear-view mirror.. The sensor is on the back of the rear-view mirror for the auto dimming feature. So once you said something about a sensor, I went out and removed my goggles and ****, fixed.. like magic lol I guess the strap for the goggles was blocking the sensor so it couldn't tell if it was day or night, go figure. haha
Thanks for the info. I had the same issue. I covered the sensor with a gate sticker for my office park. Once removed, it works fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse