Auto-dimming gauge cluster, HUD, infotainment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrotriX

Reaction score
I know how to manually adjust the brightness of the gauge cluster, infotainment system, and heads up display with the controls on the dash left of the steering column. Is there a way to set these to Auto dim at night or when the headlights turn on? Mine don’t seem to change at night, and I often have to manually reduce the brightness, particularly the heads up display as it is distracting.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know how to manually adjust the brightness of the gauge cluster, infotainment system, and heads up display with the controls on the dash left of the steering column. Is there a way to set these to Auto dim at night or when the headlights turn on? Mine don’t seem to change at night, and I often have to manually reduce the brightness, particularly the heads up display as it is distracting.
Set the brightness for what you want it with the headlights lights ON. It will move to that whenever the Light Sensor detects ambient light lower than the threshold.

Net, 2 settings, one for Day, one for Night -- I find this most annoying right at dawn or dusk, seems to be dim before it needs to be/not brighten up soon enough for my taste...but, there has to be a threshold.
The HUD Brightness is a separate control, but auto dims w/ ambient light.

Relevant Excerpts from the Owner's Manual:
1710252272751.png

1710252351783.png
1710252804413.png

Last edited:

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There's also a setting/something to toggle in the "Settings" menu from the infotainment screen. i don't recall what the settings are exactly, but know that there's something there that addresses auto-dimming and whatnot to some degree. Might want to check it out to see if it addresses your concerns.

OP
OP
B

BrotriX

Reaction score
There's also a setting/something to toggle in the "Settings" menu from the infotainment screen. i don't recall what the settings are exactly, but know that there's something there that addresses auto-dimming and whatnot to some degree. Might want to check it out to see if it addresses your concerns.
Something like this was the first thing I checked. I could not find anything relevant, despite looking through basically every menu in the infotainment system. If you have more specific instructions, that would be great. Thanks!

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something like this was the first thing I checked. I could not find anything relevant, despite looking through basically every menu in the infotainment system. If you have more specific instructions, that would be great. Thanks!
It’s Settings->Display->Mode… and then you have to see if any of those three settings (Auto, Day, or Night) are any help to you. They may not be, but that’s the menu setting I had in mind.

OP
OP
B

BrotriX

Reaction score
It’s Settings->Display->Mode… and then you have to see if any of those three settings (Auto, Day, or Night) are any help to you. They may not be, but that’s the menu setting I had in mind.
Thanks. I had found that but thought it was specifically for apps in the infotainment system.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry about that. I knew there was SOMETHING in the screen menu, but didn’t recall what exactly it did.

OP
OP
B

BrotriX

Reaction score
Set the brightness for what you want it with the headlights lights ON. It will move to that whenever the Light Sensor detects ambient light lower than the threshold.

Net, 2 settings, one for Day, one for Night -- I find this most annoying right at dawn or dusk, seems to be dim before it needs to be/not brighten up soon enough for my taste...but, there has to be a threshold.
The HUD Brightness is a separate control, but auto dims w/ ambient light.

Relevant Excerpts from the Owner's Manual:
View attachment 423498

View attachment 423499
View attachment 423502
I tried this but it did not brighten during daytime. Maybe I’m doing the process wrong?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar