Attempted car theft need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the agent assigned to my case called my mechanic first, and asked him for pictures, then called me. Fortunately my mechanic doesn't mind doing stuff like that -- or charge extra for it. So, theoretically, she got pictures today, and is assigning someone to review them today, or tomorrow morning. It's really sad, it's like 6 hours work, my mechanic has not only ordered all the parts, but has received them, and so we are now waiting on insurance ok -- that is the only thing we are waiting on. And effing I'll be surprised if we get it back on Friday.
Either way, that's fast for an insurance job. Consider yourself lucky again! This whole thing could have been way worse. It usually is.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, thieves hit us again. This time they tried to steal our 2005 Suburban 2500. It's currently in the shop, getting an estimate. For any one interested, Dallas PD was really good for us this morning; they even sent a forensics person to dust the Suburban; when I had the 09/15/2020 attempt, no forensics people were sent. View attachment 345997
Time for some fuel pump kill switches and security cameras.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time for some fuel pump kill switches and security cameras.
Well, we are now getting a security system for the Suburban. You see, when the previous trucks were hit, my wife threw a fit, telling me that this is the first time like this had ever happened since we'd been living here -- I pointed out we'd had a radios stolen from a vehicle -- and dug her heels in: no security system for the Suburban. She's still fighting good security cameras vs. cheap ones. And getting lights. :mad:

Jlaughtr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My lock was punched 2 different times. After they stole a bunch of stuff out of my Tahoe at 10am on a sunday morning in a church parking lot, I decided to replace the whole door handle. My tahoe only had the keyhole on the driver's door. I replaced it with a door handle meant for the rear driver's passenger door. I have not had any issues with locks being punched. I have no locks to be punched. Only downside is that if my FOB or battery dies I have no way to get in the vehicle, but I'll cross that bridge if that ever happens then.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My lock was punched 2 different times. After they stole a bunch of stuff out of my Tahoe at 10am on a sunday morning in a church parking lot, I decided to replace the whole door handle. My tahoe only had the keyhole on the driver's door. I replaced it with a door handle meant for the rear driver's passenger door. I have not had any issues with locks being punched. I have no locks to be punched. Only downside is that if my FOB or battery dies I have no way to get in the vehicle, but I'll cross that bridge if that ever happens then.
You don’t have a lock in the hatch? Some do, some don’t.

Jlaughtr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don’t have a lock in the hatch? Some do, some don’t.
No. I have read some threads that said if i took the outer pieces off the part you push to pop the window there might a lock mechanism. I did not try to find out. No locks anywhere now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts