Arnott rear air shocks w/ magnaride delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@olyelr So now that you’ve had the rear Arnotts installed for some time what are your thoughts on their performance compared to OE MRC rear struts.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I’m hoping they don’t overheat or cavitate by the end of the street. ots a heavy truck but anything must be better than stock.

Can anyone tell of the arnott uses a larger body shock?

OP
OP
olyelr

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@olyelr So now that you’ve had the rear Arnotts installed for some time what are your thoughts on their performance compared to OE MRC rear struts.

Well, they seem like they work great but she was driving around with the stockers blown out for a while, so comparing against blown out shocks. They dont seem to ride any better than the stockers if memory serves me right, but its hard to tell.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, I’m hoping they don’t overheat or cavitate by the end of the street. ots a heavy truck but anything must be better than stock.

Can anyone tell of the arnott uses a larger body shock?
I don’t believe they do based on when I’ve had OEM laying next to a set of Arnotts and compared.

Masonson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking at the same option, but my wife wants it lowered as well. I wonder if i can replace my shocks with Arnott's and then buy a separate lowering kit as well without ruining the Arnott Shocks.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at the same option, but my wife wants it lowered as well. I wonder if i can replace my shocks with Arnott's and then buy a separate lowering kit as well without ruining the Arnott Shocks.

You can.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke with Arnott and eibach.

folks at Arnott we’re super nice but can’t give out too many details.

the folks at eibach said it’s a private label and possibly their black label which is a 46mm piston shock. So just shy of a 2 inch bodied shock.

im curious what the oem shock is, as it over heats so easy.

the shock is not rebuildable or tunable. Arnott use to use Bilstein and those shocks were tunable and possibly rebuildable (from my experience with Bilstein)

Arnott said the goal was oem sizing and Fitment, so shock body diameter was more likely decided on by oem specs, and probably uses the generic eibach valving for suv which is 70/30 I think.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One last thing. The oem mrc shock is not gas charged according to acdelco online specs.

this would explain crappy riding and overheating. Cavitation. Happens on a shock with less than 80 psi

so if the arnott uses a gas charged shock, that alone would cure the chattering found on crappy streets...

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cavitation. Happens on a shock with less than 80 psi

so if the arnott uses a gas charged shock, that alone would cure the chattering found on crappy streets...

What is this chattering you are mentioning. I am fighting a battle with a sound that is coming from my rear end with Beltech 5323 springs and 1" spacer. Ride is excellent but the sound is horrible. The sound makes me feel like people who hear think I have a broken car or cheap setup and is embarrassing. I like the auto leveling concept but this sound sucks.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tire skipping down the road because the shock piston can’t move through the bubbles in the shock

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518