Arnott rear air shocks w/ magnaride delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came across these units on Rock Auto tonight (part number AS3066 ). Apparently they get rid of the magnaride and have a bypass to prevent the suspension error dash lights from coming on.

I was planning on just getting stock replacements (I really like the air feature of them), but am now considering getting rid of the magnaride portion since it is available (already deleted it up front).

Anyone have any info about these units?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Most of the reasoning behind ditching z55 or z95 (magneride / autoride) is either labor or financially motivated. My issue is time as our Indie tech doesn’t gouge.

The reason we purchased our Denali XL, Esky ESV Plat and keep our 02 Audi allroad IS Arnott. The wife & I are 6’3” and with 2 teen daughters, were a giraffe family requiring XL seating. The long wheelbase vehicles don’t teeter / rock on CA highways w/ seams in the concrete every 16-20 feet.

The difference in hydraulic struts vs. the GM z suspension / fully bagged Audi is night & day here in SoCal. Being able to purchase a better than oem, lifetime guarantee bag from Arnott is a cure to dealership overpricing. Every time we ride our n the relatives standard suspension Tahoe & Burb’s it reaffirms why we keep and maintain the current z suspension components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
olyelr

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the reasoning behind ditching z55 or z95 (magneride / autoride) is either labor or financially motivated. My issue is time as our Indie tech doesn’t gouge.

The reason we purchased our Denali XL, Esky ESV Plat and keep our 02 Audi allroad IS Arnott. The wife & I are 6’3” and with 2 teen daughters, were a giraffe family requiring XL seating. The long wheelbase vehicles don’t teeter / rock on CA highways w/ seams in the concrete every 16-20 feet.

The difference in hydraulic struts vs. the GM z suspension / fully bagged Audi is night & day here in SoCal. Being able to purchase a better than oem, lifetime guarantee bag from Arnott is a cure to dealership overpricing. Every time we ride our n the relatives standard suspension Tahoe & Burb’s it reaffirms why we keep and maintain the current z suspension components.

Hmmmm. I have not been overly dissatisfied with the ride quality of my wifes denali. But its certainly nothing special. Pretty damn sure my Ram 1500 work truck rides just as nice...if not better.

I have already ditched the magnaride up front. I would ditch it in the rear in a heartbeat...just curious if these units are legit and dont have issues with the electronic “fooling” so-to-speak.

You saying you have good luck with Arnett? I have never used them before...

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arnott is absolutely the go to for suspension replacement set ups in these rigs. I scored a just slightly used set from another member last summer for my Z55 optioned 2006 Denali. Though mine are the passive versions and don’t have the auto ride dampening. They are fantastic. I love the ride quality and I have not any issues with the resistors wired into the plugs. Never gotten a service suspension message on my dash. Arnott makes top quality products. If you can get the MRC delete shocks from arnott but they keep the factory air intact, all I can say is DO IT! You WON’T regret it!

OP
OP
olyelr

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arnott is absolutely the go to for suspension replacement set ups in these rigs. I scored a just slightly used set from another member last summer for my Z55 optioned 2006 Denali. Though mine are the passive versions and don’t have the auto ride dampening. They are fantastic. I love the ride quality and I have not any issues with the resistors wired into the plugs. Never gotten a service suspension message on my dash. Arnott makes top quality products. If you can get the MRC delete shocks from arnott but they keep the factory air intact, all I can say is DO IT! You WON’T regret it!

Yes, that appears to be what these shocks are...they keep the air assist, but delete the mrc setup. Just what I am after.

Thanks for the comments!

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Interesting that Arnott lists the same part for every vehicle regardless of Z55 or Z95 option. I’ll ring them on Monday and see if GM has sold Z95 as snake oiled Z55 set ups. They do refer to every strut as magnetic though.

OP
OP
olyelr

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting that Arnott lists the same part for every vehicle regardless of Z55 or Z95 option. I’ll ring them on Monday and see if GM has sold Z95 as snake oiled Z55 set ups. They do refer to every strut as magnetic though.

Thanks, let us know the outcome.

Elmo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used the Arnott replacements for my air shocks for my 2007 GMC Yukon Denali XL. In addition to changing the shocks you also change the rear springs to beefier springs. The electronic device keeps the computer from from displaying an error code on the dash. I love the ride and the price is better than replacing the air shocks with new air shocks. The only difficulty I had was doing the spring compression for the front shocks. I had my local shop compress and replace the two front assemblies and then reinstalled them myself.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
That’s pretty smart to have the shop do the sketchy part on the coil springs. I called Robert at Arnott who used to work at a Dealer. He knows of customers who were told they wouldn’t make it home on their bad magne / auto ride shocks if they failed on the way. HA! I smell commissioned employees.

dcdf8673552fa52523ea5c984c7a3aa7.gif

Robert did break the news to me gently. Z55 & Z95 use the same struts front & back. Cadillac ingeniously changed autoride to magneride to substantiate a higher profit margin.

Arnott wins again. They take the struts from both vehicles and reengineer them to be better, stronger and faster but no matter what ... Caddy & GM use the same part on Z suspension packages.

46d95347924fec87a7efd764c9ecd272.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094