Magnaride rear strut replacement questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06 Taco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We recently bought a 2015 Denali with 36500 miles on it and the Z95 magnetic ride control suspension package. The drivers rear strut is leaking and I want to replace both left and right rear at the same time. I'm considering the Arnott AS3066 struts as a replacement. Has anyone installed Arnotts on there trucks? what is your experience? Are there other options other than AC Delco GM replacements?
I'm not ready to delete the mag ride at this point in time but I don't really want to replace the struts with OEM units that don't seem to hold up. Thanks for any input from the forum

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arnott seems to be the go to if not using GM parts. 35k is awful fast for shocks to wear out. Is anything rubbing? Does the compressor run longer than 10-15 seconds at start up? Maybe the PO overloaded it by a lot?

OP
OP

06 Taco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Arnott seems to be the go to if not using GM parts. 35k is awful fast for shocks to wear out. Is anything rubbing? Does the compressor run longer than 10-15 seconds at start up? Maybe the PO overloaded it by a lot?

Thanks for the reply Big Mama
I haven't heard or seen any indication of rubbing to date. I will check the compressor. Can you tell me where it's located? Every thing on this vehicle is new to me. It's a far cry from my 06 Z71 Tahoe.
The PO may very well have over loaded this vehicle, my impression is that the truck wasn't all ways used as a grocery getter, it was used as more of a truck which is basically what it is. I bought it from a dealer so I never met the previous owner and didn't get any info on how it was used.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 but I think it’s still behind the driver side rear tire. The rear shocks are just air not magnetic (at least mine are) for auto leveling. If they or a line had a leak you’d hear it running quite a bit but since you see fluid it’s time to change them. Arnott is a good choice.

OP
OP

06 Taco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice Link, Thanks Trides.
I can see where the confusion comes from. The Magnaride and air struts and shocks look identical at first glance.

cireallin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We recently bought a 2015 Denali with 36500 miles on it and the Z95 magnetic ride control suspension package. The drivers rear strut is leaking and I want to replace both left and right rear at the same time. I'm considering the Arnott AS3066 struts as a replacement. Has anyone installed Arnotts on there trucks? what is your experience? Are there other options other than AC Delco GM replacements?
I'm not ready to delete the mag ride at this point in time but I don't really want to replace the struts with OEM units that don't seem to hold up. Thanks for any input from the forum
These should be under warranty if they are leaking?

OP
OP

06 Taco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I assumed that I was out of warranty on suspension components after three years or 36000 miles. Is the suspension covered under a different part of the warranty?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727