Are New Shocks Necessary For Rear Coil Spacer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
Hey all,

I put in a 3/4” daystar spacer today and was wondering if it’s necessary to install new shocks offering a longer travel? I see people using rear coil spacers on this forum all the time, but don’t as often hear mention of shocks being replaced as well.

Want to make sure I’m going about this the right way.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think with only a 3/4 you would probably be fine. i wouldn't do any jumps or aggressive flexing with it. when you lift it higher your pulling the piston in the cylinder farther up. if you fully extend the suspension you have a higher chance of slamming the piston into the top of the shock body. anyway the point is with a small lift you should be fine it will be a bigger concern if you go any higher.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I always wondered if there was an adapter for this like the relocation brackets used for lowering? It changes the mounting point.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For 3/4", I wouldn't worry about it. I ran a 1" spacer on my stock shocks for about a year. I don't off-road or take my Tahoe off any sweet jumps.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For 3/4", I wouldn't worry about it. I ran a 1" spacer on my stock shocks for about a year. I don't off-road or take my Tahoe off any sweet jumps.
what your missing out
catching some air inside a 6000 lb missle is the best lol

OP
OP
D

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! For the meantime I won’t fret it. 5100s in my future though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec