Anyone tried GTR Ultra 2 LEDs in 2015+ Tahoe/Suburban?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sspearsau

Reaction score
The LEDs (GTR 2) were cheaper than the HID set (don't remember which set he used as comparison, but I think they were also GTR).

As far as LEDs go, the GTR 2 I think are actually at the higher end of the spectrum, but he said money well spent for what you're getting. I believe it based on what I have read up on these.

sspearsau

Reaction score
I’ll start off by saying I’m very impressed with the light output. Pretty incredible really, and I’m disappointed a $60k+ vehicle comes with the terrible halogens when comparing them to these.

The install was very easy. Particularly the driver’s side. The passenger side wasn’t bad, but it did entail removing the air box. I used this link for the directions, and it is spot on.

All in all the install took about 20 minutes. The only surprise with the outcome is the fan noise that emits from them. I guess I was expecting a silent bulb, but it definitely is moving some air in those airtight housings. Unnoticeable when your car is on, but when you unlock and the lights come on, it’s very noticeable. Not a big deal though.

I took some before, during and after pictures against my garage. You can see the difference in the hotspots. I haven’t been on the road with them yet, but I’m sure it’ll be a huge difference. I’ll also point out the the cutoff line is the exact same, so I am not expecting any upset oncoming traffic. Let me know what you think!

Factory Halogens:

3B2CFD39-3C98-4DFC-A1F9-21493EC8BBA7.jpeg

GTR 2 on Driver side and Factory Halogen on passenger side:

ED70CEC7-B191-40E4-BB6E-DEEC7094BBE5.jpeg

GTR 2 on both:

CBD6FA78-1543-474F-8C1A-CFDFE01454FB.jpeg

Factory Halogen:

C518E21B-A3FE-44D2-B2E1-AF30BB22E0E6.jpeg

GTR 2:

5F38180A-8A1E-4429-AB28-0A3221CFF561.jpeg

Eidens13

Reaction score
Nice! They look great. Looking forward to installing them when I get them. I’m getting the low beams, high beams, fogs and switchback turn signals in the front and reverse and brakes for the rear. I will post photos when I get them all done.

601PPV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks nice! I installed Hikari Ultras a few weeks ago. Found them on eBay for 35 bucks.

Are you doing the hi beams too? Haven't done mine yet.

sspearsau

Reaction score
At this point I’m just planning on doing the low beams. I use my high beams for about a total of 30 minutes a year, so for me not worth it. If I was somewhere more rural or traveled on a lot of unlit roads, I would absolutely do it!

sspearsau

Reaction score
Nice! They look great. Looking forward to installing them when I get them. I’m getting the low beams, high beams, fogs and switchback turn signals in the front and reverse and brakes for the rear. I will post photos when I get them all done.
Have you gotten around to installing the lights yet? Interested to hear your feedback on them.

Eidens13

Reaction score
I have not even received them yet. I ordered on March 13th and am still waiting. I’m getting a bit annoyed because they keep telling me they will be in soon. Hopefully they will ship next week. How are your doing? Good on the road?

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LEDs should always have long distance shots. I had the same excitement with my LEDs (different application) and they are significantly under performing at normal halogen differences. Love to see some shots down the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne