anyone flat tow a obs yukon 4wd ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvsteve

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thinking about using my 99 Yukon Denali as a towed dingy behind motor home. anyone doing this and what equipment is needed? thanks

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not a good truck to be towed, you'll need to pull both drive shafts.

small fwd car on a tow dolly would be better. or a pair of mopeds on a hitch platform. if you just need to get around when the rv is parked up at a site.

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not a good truck to be towed, you'll need to pull both drive shafts.

small fwd car on a tow dolly would be better. or a pair of mopeds on a hitch platform. if you just need to get around when the rv is parked up at a site.

Just curious, but why is that?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is 4WD and can be flat towed with the transfer case in neutral. If the OPs Denali is 2WD and he is physically able, it's not a big deal to pull the driveshaft off the differential for towing either. You could leave the forward end in the trans and tie the other end off somewhere or just pull it, stuff a rag in the tailshaft and tape the u-joint so the caps don't fall off.

OP
OP
N

nvsteve

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the Yukon in question from my original post is an AWD/4WD with a neutral button for transfer case.

OP
OP
N

nvsteve

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I looked at the owners manual before posting the question. I just found the section covering it so obviously I didn't look closely enough. Anyway the answer is with the engine running, place the transfer case in neutral and then put key in the off position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts