Anyone ever seen this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

indigent

Reaction score
So I go to have breakfast with a buddy this morning and come out to find my rear glass shattered. The gas lift arms were fully extended and the glass was hanging by the rear defroster wires.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup. People have posted about it a few times that I can remember. Good time to get the Esky glass...

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
So your window opened by itself? Then smashed itself? How would that happen?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Any idea how it shattered? Did it just do it by itself or some ******* vandal did it?

OP
OP
I

indigent

Reaction score
Any idea how it shattered? Did it just do it by itself or some ******* vandal did it?

I did it by itself as far as I can tell. I was inside maybe 30 minutes and came out to find it that way. I doubt it was a vandal as mine was the only one in the parking lot that was broken.

The glass shop wants $800+ to replace it and the salvage yard wants $200 off a wrecked one. I called the insurance company (progressive) and I'd have to pay my full deductible to get it fixed which is 1,000. I set the deductible higher since I only drive this truck about 10 days a month, the other 10 I'm in my PD Tahoe.

Guess I'm off to the salvage yard.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
See if the salvage yard glass comes with the struts. Get them if you can as backups.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Parts store yea. But call first because some don't carry them and have to order in from a warehouse.

OP
OP
I

indigent

Reaction score
Called the salvage guy and he will pull them off for me. Now I gotta figure how to get the old hinges apart. Got the E clip pulled but can't get the pin to come out...... Guess i need to get a bigger hammer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YETI the Yukon