Any tips on tinting front windows?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AquinoSteven

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
My privacy glass from the factory is already pushing legal limits here, and they love to use the tint laws for pulling people over. Thankfully they can't ticket me for OEM glass. My way is cheap....leave it alone. It's pretty dark as is.

My front windows didnt come tinted from the factory. I think you can order one with 20 all around. I just put 20 on my fronts for about $15 but theres a small gap on both windows. Im just gonna pull it off and try again.

yukonjacks

A Vegitative State
Reaction score
I had my two fronts done for $30 eachI was in and out in less than 30 minutes. They have been on for nearly 14 months no ploblems as of yet

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
We can only tint fronts like 10% here, so there's really no point in doing it all. You're right, though...fronts aren't tinted. I should have mentioned that.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
We can only tint fronts like 10% here, so there's really no point in doing it all. You're right, though...fronts aren't tinted. I should have mentioned that.

i could be wrong but 10% is dark?

Back to the op your friend spent 150 on just the front 2 windows? w0w i would have left it alone.

You can barely see in my truck during the day. Its really to dark but i like the privacy it gives.

OP
OP
AquinoSteven

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, the prices here are retarded, and the thing is theres only a handfull of places in NJ that do it so really they can charge as much as they want. I just talked to my friend hows really good at putting tint on and hes gonna do mine if I detail his truck haha. Not bad.

SSmurdered

i know u see me
Reaction score
hit up youtube there are plenty of quick how to videos on there. im still trying to master heat shrinking rear windows with a blow-torch! tint takes YEARS and many **** ups before you can call yourself a professional. ive been trying to tint since i was 16 and i started getting serious about it this past year. it is a great second source of income, the guys down nj are making a killing charging 150 for 2 windows! im about to move there.

OP
OP
AquinoSteven

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
Yeah im gonna give it another try this week. Its only $15 so why not. Thanks for that door write up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA