GM Performance exhaust tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrotriX

Reaction score
Hi all. New to the forum. Recently picked up a Yukon Denali 6.2L. Decided to have the GM performance exhaust installed (ordered and installed by my dealership). I was surprised when I picked up my Yukon that the exhaust tips had the Borla label rather than the engraved GMC label as shown on the GMC accessories website (yes, I know it is a Borla exhaust).

I was hoping to keep the Yukon looking mostly stock. And admittedly, the exhaust tips are a pretty subtle indication of a performance upgrade. But, I would have preferred the GMC engraved exhaust tips, or even the original stock exhaust tips over the Borla labeled ones.

Does anyone know why I would have received a set up with Borla tips rather than the GMC engraved ones? Is there anyway to buy just the GMC engraved exhaust tips to swap in? Photos attached.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7441.jpeg
    IMG_7441.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7442.jpeg
    IMG_7442.jpeg
    232 KB · Views: 21

66 Galaxie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just tell them you want what you ordered and they can have Borla send them the correct tips

OP
OP
B

BrotriX

Reaction score
Just tell them you want what you ordered and they can have Borla send them the correct tips
I honestly like my dealership… but they’re claiming that there are multiple different exhaust options for the Yukon and the one we chose was by Borla and therefore came with Borla branded tips.

My understanding is that there is only one GM-approved performance exhaust for the 6.2L and that GM worked with Borla to make it. But it would have GMC (or Chevy) labeling on the exhaust tips.

I only see GMC branded exhaust tips on the GMC accessories page. None that are Borla branded.

In short, I’d rather go around my dealership if possible rather than argue with them. Maybe I can contact Borla directly?

*Edit* Looking at the GM accessories page again, there are 3 performance exhausts listed… 2 are identical except black vs chrome tips and mention Borla. The 3rd is $100 less and does not mention Borla but shows the GMC engraved tips.

Can anyone provide any clarification?

Attachments

• IMG_7447.jpeg
    IMG_7447.jpeg
    249.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7446.jpeg
    IMG_7446.jpeg
    254.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Redwings1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I honestly like my dealership… but they’re claiming that there are multiple different exhaust options for the Yukon and the one we chose was by Borla and therefore came with Borla branded tips.

My understanding is that there is only one GM-approved performance exhaust for the 6.2L and that GM worked with Borla to make it. But it would have GMC (or Chevy) labeling on the exhaust tips.

I only see GMC branded exhaust tips on the GMC accessories page. None that are Borla branded.

In short, I’d rather go around my dealership if possible rather than argue with them. Maybe I can contact Borla directly?

*Edit* Looking at the GM accessories page again, there are 3 performance exhausts listed… 2 are identical except black vs chrome tips and mention Borla. The 3rd is $100 less and does not mention Borla but shows the GMC engraved tips.

Can anyone provide any clarification?
Ask them for the old exhaust and (because its yours) and have a muffler shop swap them out.

OP
OP
B

BrotriX

Reaction score
Ask them for the old exhaust and (because its yours) and have a muffler shop swap them out.
I had that exact thought and asked for my stock ones back. It was claimed that the stock tips are welded. Based on an image from this thread that actually appears to be true.

I was also told that my stock exhaust had already been disposed of.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BrotriX

Reaction score
Found this related post. Very curious that there are 2 GM/Borla products with little to no discussion of the differences.

Anyone have any more input?

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my only comment would be wary of using "stock" online photos as a point of reference. I'm in the boat that you should get what you "see", it's unfortunately just not that way these days. A quick read through the owner's manual will prove that even more...

NothEastTahoe

Reaction score
If you don't want to get into a back and forth and maybe fight your dealer, reach out to Borla directly, explain the issue and see if they might swap them for you if they are new enough. When I was adding a Borla exhaust to a old tacoma years ago, they were very friendly and easy to work with. Hopefully thats still the same and they will swap it out for you, maybe offer a re-stock fee?

Honestly though, I would have liked to see a little more support from your dealer. Why won't they take it back at a small cost to you so they can re-sell it and order you the correct one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660