Any & all help/suggestions welcome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livebai8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im just outside of Mobile, AL. Sounds like you’ve been a little more involved in your rehab. I’ve done a fair amount of work to mine, but mostly fixed things as they failed for the longest. In the last year or so I’ve gotten into a position to be a little more proactive and start looking for things before they become an issue.

My ‘hoe is grey.
View attachment 252989
Yessir...ive done the same as they've come up and now I'm being proactive as well. I'm doing all I can to keep from having to drop $50k or more on a pickup Ibe been eyeballin!!!

02 TAHOE LS 4X4
5.3l FLEX FUEL
285/70/17 W/Z71 RIMS

Sent from my SAMSUNG NOTE 5 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jeremy4601

Jeremy4601

Reaction score
Yessir...ive done the same as they've come up and now I'm being proactive as well. I'm doing all I can to keep from having to drop $50k or more on a pickup Ibe been eyeballin!!!

02 TAHOE LS 4X4
5.3l FLEX FUEL
285/70/17 W/Z71 RIMS

Don’t do it! Lol.

I’m tempted from time to time myself. Those shiny new ones sure are pretty. But I love my Tahoe. I figure as long as I’m happy with it and I can keep her on the road for less $ than a new truck note each month... then that’s what I’m gonna keep on doing.

Livebai8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t do it! Lol.

I’m tempted from time to time myself. Those shiny new ones sure are pretty. But I love my Tahoe. I figure as long as I’m happy with it and I can keep her on the road for less $ than a new truck note each month... then that’s what I’m gonna keep on doing.
That's what im talking about!!

02 TAHOE LS 4X4
5.3l FLEX FUEL
285/70/17 W/Z71 RIMS

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I finally got around to tackling the suspension on my ‘02. Installed the Bilstein shocks all the way around and the new springs on the rear. Got the new jounce stops in on the front. Rear ones are basically non-existent so I got those ordered just a few minutes ago. (I have no logical reason as to why I didn’t order these when I ordered the front ones.) ‍

My truck rides 1,000% better. I mean it’s just about as close to a new ride as an 18 year old truck can get. Many thanks again to all who gave input.

I did manipulate the backing plate on the rear. My “scrubbing” noise is MIA thus far. Hopefully, that little annoyance is gone for good.

I made a long and valiant attempt to replace the sway bar links on the front. I threw every trick I had at them, but ended up putting the old ones back in for now. They are quite visibly worn and definitely need to be done. But she will just have to go see a real “doctor” to have those tended to. Removal was a breeze. However, I simply could not get even a couple of threads to expose at the top in order to get the nut started on the new links, despite the fact that the overall length of the new ones are almost a full inch longer than the old. AC Delco OEM part too. I tried and tried to compress everything. Best I could do was flush the top of the bolt to the top collar. Those new bushings just didn’t wanna play ball.
to do the front sway bar end links the wheels need to be off the ground, having the wheels on the ground creates pressure and you will fight it all day long.
if the new links wont fit then you might have the wrong size, compare the new bolt and sleeve to the old bolt and sleeve, if the new sleeve is longer you can cut it to the same length as the old one and re-use the old bolt if necessary all you really need to replace is the bushings.

**rear end links are the opposite you want the wheels on the ground or on ramps so the pressure is relieved.

Livebai8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to do the front sway bar end links the wheels need to be off the ground, having the wheels on the ground creates pressure and you will fight it all day long.
if the new links wont fit then you might have the wrong size, compare the new bolt and sleeve to the old bolt and sleeve, if the new sleeve is longer you can cut it to the same length as the old one and re-use the old bolt if necessary all you really need to replace is the bushings.

**rear end links are the opposite you want the wheels on the ground or on ramps so the pressure is relieved.
Cool. Thanks for the heads up. I'm also considering a 3" rear spacer lift and front torsion key change when I get to that point. I bought a set of a fellow locally and they are just sitting there.

02 TAHOE LS 4X4
5.3l FLEX FUEL
285/70/17 W/Z71 RIMS

OP
OP
Jeremy4601

Jeremy4601

Reaction score

Very good pointer on the sway bar links. I tried to mingle the new bushings in with the old hardware but couldn’t make it happen. I did not consider the possibility of cutting down the new sleeve. I think I was so hot, tired, and frustrated by then that I just wasn’t 100% with it. You’ve got me thinking tho and I will probably crawl under there tomorrow and give it another look.

Livebai8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very good pointer on the sway bar links. I tried to mingle the new bushings in with the old hardware but couldn’t make it happen. I did not consider the possibility of cutting down the new sleeve. I think I was so hot, tired, and frustrated by then that I just wasn’t 100% with it. You’ve got me thinking tho and I will probably crawl under there tomorrow and give it another look.
See of you can take some video or pics.

02 TAHOE LS 4X4
5.3l FLEX FUEL
285/70/17 W/Z71 RIMS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts