All in One Tuning Solution?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Rig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys - new here, just picked up a 2018 Tahoe Premier RWD. Loving it but trying to tie up some loose ends. I see various tuning solutions available, does anyone know of one device/solution that can do all of the following?

- Disable AFM
- Raise idle
- Remove "service suspension" message in DIC (rear air ride had been converted to conventional shocks. If air ride and magneride are still functional on the front I'd like to keep it, just not get bugged if there's an error)
- Bonus points if it can also disable TPMS light and warning in DIC. (light was on so took it to discount tire, they replaced all 4 but sensors keep unpairing with the computer, going in for refund and going to let Chevy install and pair OEM sensors for hopefully a better result. Chevy swears the TPMS module is good so we'll see. They should be able to fix it but would be nice if I have the option to shut it off should the recurring issue return).

Any other suggestions are welcome. I plan on updating the transmission thermostat thing to the newer style with lower opening temp, changing the fluid and filter while I'm in there.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from North Idaho!

Of course, we would be happy to help. We can take care of the idle, AFM, and more with our tuning. We would not be able to remove service suspension message or disable TPMS. What is the engine size? You can also call if you want and we can go over everything. 877-809-4070.

OP
OP
Big Rig

Big Rig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from North Idaho!

Of course, we would be happy to help. We can take care of the idle, AFM, and more with our tuning. We would not be able to remove service suspension message or disable TPMS. What is the engine size? You can also call if you want and we can go over everything. 877-809-4070.
Thanks guys and I see there is a Shocksims product which appears to take care of the suspension thing, still looking into that tho. For @BlackBearPerf , its the 5.3. Just took a look on your site, I have a Mac not Windows so not sure if that would be a dealbreaker there or if the autocal can work alone (without PC) if I'm not looking for extensive custom tuning. Really just looking to modify the stock tune with disabled AFM and raised idle, maybe possibly increase pedal/throttle response by 10% or so if I'm feeling it. Does it make sense to go this route over a Diablosport intune I3? I know there's value in additional tuning abilities and support, but not sure I would take advantage of all that, and not trying to drop $1k + just for idle and AFM.

Let me know what you think, thanks!

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are welcome. The EFILive software does require the use of Windows. Some Macs can run Windows via programs like Bootcamp. Some customers who don't have a Windows-based laptop or desktop borrow one from family or a friend. The computer step is only to transfer files to and from the AutoCal. We cannot comment on the Diablo but with our tune, we can provide improved throttle response, increased hp and torque, raise the idle, disable the AFM, and improve overall driveability. If you have a 6-speed, we can also improve the shift patterns and firmness.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys and I see there is a Shocksims product which appears to take care of the suspension thing, still looking into that tho. For @BlackBearPerf , its the 5.3. Just took a look on your site, I have a Mac not Windows so not sure if that would be a dealbreaker there or if the autocal can work alone (without PC) if I'm not looking for extensive custom tuning. Really just looking to modify the stock tune with disabled AFM and raised idle, maybe possibly increase pedal/throttle response by 10% or so if I'm feeling it. Does it make sense to go this route over a Diablosport intune I3? I know there's value in additional tuning abilities and support, but not sure I would take advantage of all that, and not trying to drop $1k + just for idle and AFM.

Let me know what you think, thanks!
I don't know what the Diablosport intune I3 does from a tuning perspective, but if it does not also tune the transmission as well as the engine, then my recommendation is to keep on considering a BlackBear Performance tune. The transmission tuning is as impactful as the engine tune.

OP
OP
Big Rig

Big Rig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@BlackBearPerf probably looking to get a tune from you soon; hearing great feedback. Was curious if your solution is compatible with the ShockSims OBD/SS Magneride delete that some of us run. I don't think one would interfere or have anything to do with the other, but wanted to double check with you before ordering both. Thanks man!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan