anti-theft save your truck from getting stoen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking under my dash the other day and found the source of my kill switch/horn thingy lol. It appears to be 3 relays wired to a bunch of stuff, but it disables the starter or something and instead of cranking the vehicle it just blows the horn everytime you turn the key when its activated

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

OP
OP
R

rigo_jones

going against
Reaction score
Yea, I did this and my truck still got stolen. Damn theives!...

u serious? what did you disable? if you cut the power to the ecu or fuel pump there is no way the truck can be started. i find it hard to beleive it was stolen after u did this.

relays will do nothing for you and to me are pointless even the relays that your alarm came with are easy to disable.

i know i said i was gonna get pics but ive been super busy. i bought a house and i still moving in and setting everything up.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dude has a tilt sensor on his steering column somewhere under the hood.. and it doesnt matter if... the alarm is disabled.. and autostart has cranked the truck.. and the doors are unlocked.. but the key is not in the ignition.. and you move the steering wheel AT ALL.. it sends a pulse and kills the fuel pump, ignition and ecu... so the truck just sits there dead with the alarm screaming.. i thought that was kinda a neat deterrent...

putting the key in after its going off wont do anything.. you have to SET the alarm.. then disable it again.. then put the key in... so just cutting ignition wires wont do you any good.

He also has an old trunk latch key hole for the hood pop instead of a lever.. so you need a key to pop the hood... hes an installer and its his shop demo truck so he went overboard on alot of stuff.. but hes got some novel shit going on

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
Invest in a Mo Mo stering wheel with a quick release. Then whenever you get out the truck, the steering wheel comes with you.

crmzendrgone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I first got my yukon I thought about doing that exact thing and running the switch some where like in the glove box or in a cigeretter lighter. I have seen that before. My cousin use to do car audio and he wire the gain on his amps to a false cigerette lighter so all you had to do was turn the cigerette lighter like a knob and bass no bass. That would be cool I have my radio hidden under the dash with a remote control and left the factory one in the dash. It would be cool and a good idea to wire one of the buttons on the radio and have that as the switch.

LazyAssLou

Supporting Member
Reaction score
u serious? what did you disable? if you cut the power to the ecu or fuel pump there is no way the truck can be started. i find it hard to beleive it was stolen after u did this.

relays will do nothing for you and to me are pointless even the relays that your alarm came with are easy to disable.

i know i said i was gonna get pics but ive been super busy. i bought a house and i still moving in and setting everything up.

Not sure exactly how they started the truck, I was too sad to look. Seeing my truck like that at the impound. But it is getting worked on now so I guess I will never know.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I first got my yukon I thought about doing that exact thing and running the switch some where like in the glove box or in a cigeretter lighter. I have seen that before. My cousin use to do car audio and he wire the gain on his amps to a false cigerette lighter so all you had to do was turn the cigerette lighter like a knob and bass no bass. That would be cool I have my radio hidden under the dash with a remote control and left the factory one in the dash. It would be cool and a good idea to wire one of the buttons on the radio and have that as the switch.

I've seen that done before. You can hook up a kill switch with a relay and have the relay triggered by the remote wire on the radio. Basically, the truck wont start unless you have the face on the radio and turn the radio on before you crank the truck. You also have to wire the radio to an ign wire instead of an accessory wire so the radio stay on during engine cranking. When its all done, its a pretty sweet setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019