anti-theft save your truck from getting stoen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brassknucklemafia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just make sure you dont hit the switch by accident and forget that its there..i did that while on a trip cross country. muysta sat at the gas station for 15 mins or more..felt dumb when i remembered..

l.downen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need some help with this one. I'm "electrically retarded". I'm just going for the basic one rico originally posted. So all I need is a fuse holder and a toggle switch? Can someone post a link to each item I need. B/c all I can find is stuff that involves wiring, but I assumed it was plug-and-play?

DenaliWhip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My first night home with my truck some jackarse broke my window and all he got was a pack of smokes, next day I installed a Viper 2way alarm w/ remote start. I was gonna do it anyway but that fool rushed me into it.

l.downen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need some help with this one. I'm "electrically retarded". I'm just going for the basic one rico originally posted. So all I need is a fuse holder and a toggle switch? Can someone post a link to each item I need. B/c all I can find is stuff that involves wiring, but I assumed it was plug-and-play?

wow, disregard that post ^
Amazing what a little reading from Google will reveal..:idiot:

triniguy26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ive done one better.pep boys sells a remote control switch for 20 bucks ,so you can either manually switch off the power to the starter or fuel pump or you can use the remote control,i prefer the remote control because you can really hide the switch and wires in a spot that no one would think of.I did it to my dodge ram and it worked great.they couldnt steal it.

gfunkfb09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What remote does pep boys sell? I can't find it anywhere online.

triniguy26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
What remote does pep boys sell? I can't find it anywhere online.
check this one out at amazon.com. and its a good price,you can wire it up to cut the power from starter,fuel pump,or even ignition,possibilities are endless.http://amzn.com/B000ZRXJY2

Last edited:

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent yesterday putting a "hidden" switch inline with the starter solenoid wire.
Switch put under the air cleaner box - there is a hole in the bracket - put your finger in and push forward for on and back for no start. I didn't cut the solenoid wire so it can be put back to stock if needed. The project took a good part of a day. I got my near perfect 1995 Suburban (only 225k miles) stolen 3 weeks ago, replaced with 2006 Tahoe (100k miles).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz