anti-theft save your truck from getting stoen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rigo_jones

going against
Reaction score
anti-theft save your truck from getting stolen

Theres been a lot of threads about good people getting their truck stolen. I've been there myself so many times that i decided to do this.

I'm sure some of you know this but some dont and I think this works better than a clubstick or a simple alarm. It will take you about 20-30mn depending on knowledge but is simple to do. I've had 2 hondas stolen and 1 that they tried to take but with this mod they couldn't.

First what a thief does(did to my cars) is see if it has alarm... obvious if it does he will go to the front of the car/truck, there he will look for the hood latch cable cut it, open your hood and disconnect/cut the battery cable. But wait, you have a hood trigger sensor. Well a good known thief will need less than 5 seconds to pop open the hood and quickly cut the battery wire. Now say they cut the wire and alarm will deactivate but some good alarms have a relay that activates if the alarms power was cut, and when activated so if they plug the battery back the truck will still not run because the alarm has the relay activated.

But of coarse any thief knows that so they look for the alarm and gut it before connecting the battery back. Now all they got to do is break the ignition switch some how and drive off. This happens in less than 3 minutes, less if theres more than one thief. with this mod the car/truck will not crank even if they cut the battery, change computer, gut the alarm or brake the ignition switch.

You will need a switch that is rated to equal or more of the amps of either the fuel pump or crank fuse. You see where I'm going with this?:naughty:
P1020005.jpg

Find the fuse that disables the fuel pump or cranking. Our GMs only have a fuse labeled crank this should do it. For any manual transmission car/truck use fuel pump fuse.
P1020007.jpg

You can find a fuse holder like this or just splice your harness. Make sure you keep a fuse in line with the switch in same size as oem.
dyn-ad-bf.jpg

The last step is to find a hiding spot for your switch. Make sure no one can see you activate it not even friends/thief:blah:. Usually is best somewhere where you can activate it with your foot.
B3953INT.jpg

Thats it!!!:cheers:

Keep in mind that if you have remote start, this will prevent your truck/car from starting if switch is activated. But you can always activate it in an unknown area to you.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

btw I had 3 of these on each of my hondas deactivating the fuel pump, ecu, and distributor. But you only need 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chevyrider619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey rigo this is a good idea..where can i get that type of fuse holder with that pulg end?? radio shack,auto zone???

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have basically the same setup on one of my current rigs and have done it to 2 others in the past, works very well!!

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can use a 5 pin Bosche/Tyco relay to close the circuit when remote start cranking, and then use any low amp switch for the relay. You can then use a momentary pressure switch under the carpet.

Even better if you do ignition instead of crank, because then they can't valet the alarm, something far too easy to do otherwise.

At Music Systems, used to do an alarm controlled ignition interrupt.
Using an aux channel on the alarm, you would have to connect the ignition or the truck obviously wouldn't start. You couldn't go to valet mode, because ignition on is required for that. If the alarm was unplugged, there was no way to connect the missing ignition circuit. It cut the theft rate here from ~two h2/Eskys a week to nearly 0 a year.

Last edited:

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great post

BOSS

OP
OP
R

rigo_jones

going against
Reaction score
You can use a 5 pin Bosche/Tyco relay to close the circuit when remote start cranking, and then use any low amp switch for the relay. You can then use a momentary pressure switch under the carpet.

Even better if you do ignition instead of crank, because then they can't valet the alarm, something far too easy to do otherwise.

Using an aux channel on the alarm, you would have to connect the ignition or the truck obviously wouldn't start. You couldn't go to valet mode, because ignition on is required for that. If the alarm was unplugged, there was no way to connect the missing ignition circuit. It cut the theft rate here from ~two h2/Eskys a week to nearly 0 a year.

yeah i was thinking of that relay so you can still have your remote start but too complicated to explain and build one since theres a lot of different alarms out there.

keep in mind that once a thief gets inside your truck/car the 1st thing hes going to do is look for the alarm and unplug or cut all the wires so there will be no more alarm.

*i did try the ignition fuse but it still turned on after removing the fuse. i tried the crank and it didnt start. remember not to tell anyone keep it to your self and wife or your girlfriend if you trust her enough. all it takes is one lil fight to get payback. lol

on a 5 speed car/truck is best you disable the fuel pump instead of the crank because if they push start the car it will turn on.

BTW thanks BOSS..:Handshake: also is there a way i can fix the title?

Last edited:

Dismay

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Can you elaborate on this? (the alarm controlled ignition interrupt) which wire/location exactly would I splice this relay in? somewhere under the hood? The signal from the AUX channel would have to be set to Latching type correct? Thanks!

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for the ignition you would use a 611T/
a Latch output on the alarm to trigger a standard relay/
or
momentconstant.gif to use a momentary output from the alarm, convert to 12+ to then trigger a relay across the IGN wire, which ever one stops the fuel pump (my favorite becasue you cna easily trigger it from the remote)

I forget which ignition it was that the guys used to cut into, sorry. It was almost 4-5 years ago. It was under the dash though.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo