Amazon sells a complete twin turbo set up for only 2200. Could this be fun?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buddyhotrod

Reaction score
WOW

A complete twin turbo set up with intercooler for the 5.3 Tahoe, everything included and put on your door step for only $2200?

This sounds tempting as heck.

Guessing one would need some bigger injectors, throttle body, mass air flow and more fuel along with some Cats that could handle the high egt's.

Would still be really fun to play around with.
The photos from Amazon show the install on a 2005 Tahoe but I dont see why it would not work on a 2007.

twin 1.jpg IMG_0052.jpg

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW

A complete twin turbo set up with intercooler for the 5.3 Tahoe, everything included and put on your door step for only $2200?

Guessing one would need some bigger injectors, throttle body, mass air flow and more fuel along with some Cats that could handle the high egt's.

The photos from Amazon show the install on a 2005 Tahoe but I dont see why it would not work on a 2007.

View attachment 211015 View attachment 211016

Yeah, curious if you ever decided to order it?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
WOW

View attachment 211015 View attachment 211016
On a ppv no less lol.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I for one, would very much like to see this.
On that note, im also curious if Black Bear has done a tune to accommodate a twin street setup.
$2200 to melt off 4 tires at a stoplight seems like a reasonable price of admission.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The transmission would be my biggest concern. A stock 4L60 or 6L80 wouldn't handle that much added power very well. Heck, I'd probably want to beef up my 6L90 if I did that on my 3/4-ton Burb.

OP
OP
B

buddyhotrod

Reaction score
Here is the link to the company that has the twin set up.

Looks like it would make a lot of heat.

Id be concerned about the catalytic converters not being able to handle the high egt's and the engine compartment will likely be holding a lot of heat in these hot Texas summers, but you could louver the hood and ad some cooling fans to move air around in the engine compartment.

Still a heck of deal for all of the fab work thats already done.

So dang tempting.

http://www.racemmi.com/

OP
OP
B

buddyhotrod

Reaction score
Yes

Transmission would for sure be feeling it.

Why not a standard shift transmission?

Whould be so fun.

6 speed manual with twins on a retired police tahoe.