AM/FM radio antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blondie70

Reaction score
Got a plain ole radio antenna installed on my 2012 Tahoe today. Now my radio picks up the FM stations I like locally. Radio has xm or whatever it is that I don't care for. It would not get the FM stations at all before on the stock antenna in the rear glass.

Reaction score
Odd that the OE antenna in the rear passenger side glass didn't work. Was it still connected, at the glass? Do you live in a rural area?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I’ve never noticed if all the NNBS GM full size SUV have the diversity antenna in the passenger side cargo area window glass or if every model uses them.
I do know there’s an antenna module that is connected to the roof fin antenna and the diversity antenna in the rear glass. When modules die, one or all of the frequency bands will fail.

Adding another antenna is a simple fix vs. hunting down and replacing the diversity antenna module that’s there to find the strongest signal in both antennas and prioritize it.

@iggy913 is looking for a 12-14 replacement head unit if you need a new home for it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts