Aluminum radiator on Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You want to take a close look at aftermarket radiators. People have had trouble with them because they usually don't include the restrictor on the hose that returns to the surge tank, and the trucks don't warm up properly. Then some kind of restrictor has to be rigged.

OP
OP
E

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found it on rock originally for less but couldn't copy the correct link from there. I'm just wondering what issues I may run into. Aside from leaks the only other thing that can really go wrong with an aluminum radiator is something internal not working right (like the lack of a restrictor) Otherwise I've never had an issue with them.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found it on rock originally for less but couldn't copy the correct link from there. I'm just wondering what issues I may run into. Aside from leaks the only other thing that can really go wrong with an aluminum radiator is something internal not working right (like the lack of a restrictor) Otherwise I've never had an issue with them.
I at one point was looking for a aluminum one myself I was checking with a local shop that has been in business a very long time, all they do is radiators period. they told me the all aluminum ones will usually begin to leak within 2yrs and did not recommend them, they said they do a lot of repairs on the all aluminum ones and can sometimes fix them and sometimes can't.
I ended up getting one from 1800radiator (a regular one), 1 2/3" thick, oil cooler/trans cooler, actually has a drain ****, lifetime warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia