Almost sold her today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove my girl for the first time in 6 weeks up to NoVa yesterday for an early Thanksgiving dinner at the in-laws and this morning when I came out of Starbucks I got stopped by a family driving a brand new 2020 Denali. Their 17 year old son came up to me and offered me $9K cash on the spot. I kindly told him it wasn’t for sale and he proceeded to tell me his Mom had 10K in cash in her purse. Apparently they were going to look at another one somewhere in NC a private seller had listed. I mean Who carries that type of cash. I told him again “it’s not for sale’. He then tells me that she really has $12K. I was probably a fool to turn that type of cash down, but it took me a long time to find this one. His Dad told me that his grandmother gave him $15K for his birthday to buy a car and it was burning a hole in his pocket. I sure wish I had a grandma like that.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove my girl for the first time in 6 weeks up to NoVa yesterday for an early Thanksgiving dinner at the in-laws and this morning when I came out of Starbucks I got stopped by a family driving a brand new 2020 Denali. Their 17 year old son came up to me and offered me $9K cash on the spot. I kindly told him it wasn’t for sale and he proceeded to tell me his Mom had 10K in cash in her purse. Apparently they were going to look at another one somewhere in NC a private seller had listed. I mean Who carries that type of cash. I told him again “it’s not for sale’. He then tells me that she really has $12K. I was probably a fool to turn that type of cash down, but it took me a long time to find this one. His Dad told me that his grandmother gave him $15K for his birthday to buy a car and it was burning a hole in his pocket. I sure wish I had a grandma like that.

Had that happen to me once, should have taken the offer too. I sold it a year or so later for half of what the fella was begging to give me for it. Life goes on.

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I really needed the money I probably would have taken it. My plans are to hopefully slap a supercharger on it after my twins graduate college in a couple of years. Up and back from Suffolk, VA to Burke, VA I averaged 18.5 MPG each way. Not bad for a 16 year old tank

Had that happen to me once, should have taken the offer too. I sold it a year or so later for half of what the fella was begging to give me for it. Life goes on.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would have sold it if I was in that position and just rent a vehicle till I found something. But that is just me.

The 17 year old is smart not wanting to get a little death trap to ride around in.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idk about you. But me and the family may of been taking an Uber the rest of the way to dinner than back home lol

but it never works that way. I’m sure you didn’t have the title on hand

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the kid had future plans for it, but I do too. I had a lot of sellers remorse when I sold my 2002 Denali.

I would have sold it if I was in that position and just rent a vehicle till I found something. But that is just me.

The 17 year old is smart not wanting to get a little death trap to ride around in.

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The titles to the cars are kept in the safe. I would have just taken the cash and looked for another NBS Denali. I doubt I would find one much nicer than the one I have now. I’m still under 116K miles.

5CC614A8-5C5B-4451-A037-91E96B154BF1.jpeg

Idk about you. But me and the family may of been taking an Uber the rest of the way to dinner than back home lol

but it never works that way. I’m sure you didn’t have the title on hand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157