Air intake reviews/comparisons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Interesting isn't it. Check out the other intake tests done, with baseline to final, all the same test parameters/environmentals. Intake will net some gains, but get an exhaust for the look and sound, not performance.

Sent from my fone.

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting isn't it. Check out the other intake tests done, with baseline to final, all the same test parameters/environmentals. Intake will net some gains, but get an exhaust for the look and sound, not performance.

Sent from my fone.

Which thread are those in? So many dynos floating around. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone 17s using Tapatalk

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Which thread are those in? So many dynos floating around. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone 17s using Tapatalk
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/bbp-independent-intake-test-results.41254/

One thing to keep in mind, for an intake to see upwards of 30HP gain, that would indicate that it has to be restricting airflow to the engine by enough to cause a 10% drop in manifold pressure. That just doesn't happen. There is at most a 2-3% increase in vacuum/decrease in manifold pressure at high RPM. Be careful what you read/believe, check the fine print/parameters with all claims. There is a difference between testing and advertising. Anyone could choose an intake and pump it up as the best without comparative data.

Tell you what, I will go out and buy a new Denali and a bunch of different intakes, and test them out just like we did prior. We won't just pop on to sell one over another, that will be up to the consumer. We will provide full data comparing them, just as we have done in the past. We sell all major brand name intakes and exhausts (including the aforementioned), we really don't care who comes out on top.

Last edited:

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to see norcal's pre dyno and post dyno for this amazing increase.

I can say anything I want, but would need a dyno with posted smoothing factors to show me the real numbers...
Anyways. I am hesitant to believe it on a missing dyno sheet that everyone had been asking for for weeks...and then the dyno got replaced...

It's an intake after all... They (the aftermarket ones) are all designed more or less the same. Aside from build quality, I don't think there is going to be much of any power difference between the group.

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to see norcal's pre dyno and post dyno for this amazing increase.

He'll post it today I think. He went to the shop yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone 7s using Tapatalk

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know bb tune are great guys and respect there virlews. I'm going off of what we have seen with Matt from gptuning. I have a 6.2 truck and goING off my own vehicle results and also independent customers that give me feedback.

Im not here to argue anyone if you don't believe my numbers that's fine but I will stick to them since I have the dyno proof from 2 mods and drive truck daily and it woke it up nicely.

Now my goal is to see the after results with blower.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh also I'll be more than happy to sell a intake to a 6.2 owner and pay 75 dollars for your pre/post results. If you don't like the afe results I'll take it back. No problem.

That's how confident I am in this intake

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/bbp-independent-intake-test-results.41254/

Tell you what, I will go out and buy a new Denali and a bunch of different intakes, and test them out just like we did prior. We won't just pop on to sell one over another, that will be up to the consumer. We will provide full data comparing them, just as we have done in the past. We sell all major brand name intakes and exhausts (including the aforementioned), we really don't care who comes out on top.

Really? That's an impressive move. Maybe you can get the afe from NorCal. We'll get across the board results and he'll get an independent test which will help him sell more of them.

Sent from my iPhone 7s using Tapatalk

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
if i sell im going to sell to independent customer. Just normal guy like me. No offense to bb guys but i want a regular owner if they buy a new denali in meantime and test the afe on it thats great.

actaully edit that. IF they buy a new 6.2 denali ill set them up with the intake. Lets get the rwhp show on the road :) no prob with that.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlpfcb