Air Bags?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
You will not have to disable the autoride for the helper bags, the sensor rod will kick the air compressor on to the ballasts in the rear shocks when it grounds the system (truck squats past a certain level). As long as you run enough pressure in the bags the shocks won't fill, even if it gets too low the shock will act as a supplemental support for the helper bags just like it did from the factory. The helper bags will drastically improve sway control and diminishes the bottoming out felt when lowering these truck 4-5" without the free travel mod. My service ride control light is still on from switching to aftermarket shocks and I honestly don't notice it anymore, one of these days I'll hook up my stock shocks to the harnesses so it clears the code and I can pull the RTD fuse...resistors work fine too. As for the 5000 lb bags on these trucks the only kits I have seen are from hellwig or ART (air ride technologies). I'd imagine the towing capacity would improve when one replaces the stock coil with a heavy duty air ballast of 2000lb rating and up.

Last edited:

big mean

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So anybody have the bad boy air bag setups on their yukons or tahoes, like the 5000lb rated firestone ride rite air bag systems on their rides? Use them for towing purposes? Any pics and experiences of installing them themselves?

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Hey Bigmean, do you have any pics of the airbags you put on your Titan and know what brand and type of airbags they are?

I just ordered them from my local 4x4 parts store, they priced matched the internet and I did not have to pay shipping. I think they were Ride Rite brand, they were pretty small compared to others that I had seen. It was the only kit I found for the Titan, I think they were like 1000lb bags and mounted outboard of the frame. I had to drill 4 big holes on each side to mount the brackets. Sorry, no pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dlshort21