2024 Duramax/Air suspension malfunction?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbusnut

Reaction score
I have a 2024 Yukon Denali with the Reserve Package, which includes air suspension. I've noticed that when I park overnight, the front air shocks seem to deflate, causing the vehicle to sit low in the front (but normal in the rear). I checked and do not have the setting engaged that lowers the vehicle when parked for easy entry/exit. I previously had a 2022 Tahoe Z71 that also had air suspension, and never had this issue. This Yukon has less than 500 miles on it. I'm wondering if there is an air shock leak? When I start it, the shocks inflate to normal height, and seem to operate normally. I don't hear any air escaping when I turn the engine off. Has anyone experienced this?

IMG_5738.JPG

mplunk

Reaction score
Definitely a problem. Could be a leak, or could be a tech issue causing just the front to go to entry/exit height.

OP
OP
chrisbusnut

chrisbusnut

Reaction score
I cycled the easy entry/exit setting on for a day, then turned it back off. I'll see if that makes a difference. The last thing I'm want to do is take the vehicle into the dealer with only 500 miles and a few weeks of ownership under my belt, but if it's what I have to do, then I'll do it. I'm also trying to figure out what's going on with the stinky exhaust that I'm experiencing sometimes. It almost smells like unburned fuel, but maybe it's in regen. I have a Sierra HD with the Duramax and have not had that issue.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cycled the easy entry/exit setting on for a day, then turned it back off. I'll see if that makes a difference. The last thing I'm want to do is take the vehicle into the dealer with only 500 miles and a few weeks of ownership under my belt, but if it's what I have to do, then I'll do it. I'm also trying to figure out what's going on with the stinky exhaust that I'm experiencing sometimes. It almost smells like unburned fuel, but maybe it's in regen. I have a Sierra HD with the Duramax and have not had that issue.
Do you have the Duramax? It may indeed be the regen...I will say mine stunk for the first 2000 or so miles, burning off oil and coating on parts that had yet to be hot, I imagine...doesn't stink anymore.

OP
OP
chrisbusnut

chrisbusnut

Reaction score
Do you have the Duramax? It may indeed be the regen...I will say mine stunk for the first 2000 or so miles, burning off oil and coating on parts that had yet to be hot, I imagine...doesn't stink anymore.
Yes, it's the Duramax. The burning coating smell you described was present for the first week or so, but has since gone away. I experienced the same thing when I bought my 2022 Tahoe (6.2). I've made a service appointment for Wednesday for the suspension, and will mention the odor to them as well.

Texdive

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Z71 with the air suspension and it does exactly what you are describing. I asked the dealer to look at it when I had the oil changed and they didn’t see anything wrong.

Please let us know what you find.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been thinking about this a bit more...are you parking it on a flat surface? If it were on an incline, it may be lowering the front to attempt to level the vehicle...

Texdive

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On mine it is in the garage so flat. Have had it happen at many places over night and all have been flat no inclines or declines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeyMoSteel