Air Bags?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rivieraracing

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you run with air bags, Denalianyone, and do you have to pull the fuse? Just hoping someone with a denali and bags will chime in with some knowledge with how to handle the auto level part of it all??? Anybody???

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
I had air shocks, compressor, yadda yadda...just read my post above to disable factory air ride.

big mean

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I dont know hom much this helps you, but I added helper bags on my Titan and loved them. They are different style and it had leaf springs, but stability was awesome. I was pulling an 8k pound 30ft camper. It felt 100% more stable after the helper bags went on.

Oh, this is my first post, finally past the lurker stage...lol

OP
OP
Rivieraracing

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know hom much this helps you, but I added helper bags on my Titan and loved them. They are different style and it had leaf springs, but stability was awesome. I was pulling an 8k pound 30ft camper. It felt 100% more stable after the helper bags went on.

Oh, this is my first post, finally past the lurker stage...lol

Thanks for your input Big Mean, and welcome!!! My buddy is the one that got me thinking that I could add bags to my truck, he has a titan as well and it made a huge difference!!

Last edited:

big mean

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I like to help when I can, but probably wont be a big help on tahoe...lol I am pretty much past the custom stage, I spent about $25k on a S-10 that I sold for $3500 lol. However my next project is a 49 chevy truck on a s-10 frame. Thanks to everyone for info on my DD hoe.

OP
OP
Rivieraracing

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So anybody have the bad boy air bag setups on their yukons or tahoes, like the 5000lb rated firestone ride rite air bag systems on their rides? Use them for towing purposes? Any pics and experiences of installing them themselves?

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Hey Bigmean, do you have any pics of the airbags you put on your Titan and know what brand and type of airbags they are?

Last edited:

emay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did a 2/3 on my Denali XL Friday. Put in the helper bags as well and I will not be disabling my air ride. I put my 8k Boat on back and lugged it on Saturday with 5lbs in the bags and it was a nice ride. I've got some adjustments to make, but the bags shined during use. The factory air ride worked no harder than a normal day without the boat on back. Came on at key on and aired up in less than 20 seconds.

Thursday I have to pull the boat to storage, I'll see about some shots in tow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn