Air Bags?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an '02 GMC Yukon XL Denali with air ride suspension that auto levels the rear, I have a 23' toyhauler that I tow with it and I'm thinking I need to give the rear end some load assistance. Even with the stabilizer bars cranked down on the trailer the shocks and compressor have to work a little more than I would like to keep it level, I'm not wanting to replace an overworked compressor or shocks anytime soon. What is out there that you guys would recommend to remedy this situation, I'm thinking about helper air bags that I can air up whenever I am gonna tow something heavy but air back down and not really notice they are there! Any ideas?

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know they make helper bags that fit into the center of the coil spring... then you load them via a mounted air valve.... i dont have them but i know some denali guys have them on here... anyone chime in?

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got'em and I think if you did get them it would indeed do what you are looking for them to do! I don't tow anything but I notice a big difference when i put them in as far as sway and what not comfort is better,but again not towing either! But either way they'll work for what you need!

goozdenali

Banned - Bad dealings with members
Reaction score
if you decide to go with the helper bags, i have a set that i used for like a month i can sell for $65 shipped. just check out my for sale thread titled Mcgaughy drop coils ect for sale

OP
OP
Rivieraracing

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link titanium02, I did check that out, but the question I have now is since my denali have the rear air suspension and auto leveling, would I have to turn off my compressor when using them, I mean would they always be searching for that perfect height? Any denali guys out there that have some insight on this?

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
Thanks for the link titanium02, I did check that out, but the question I have now is since my denali have the rear air suspension and auto leveling, would I have to turn off my compressor when using them, I mean would they always be searching for that perfect height? Any denali guys out there that have some insight on this?

yeah I was kinda wondering the same thing when I posted the link.. didn't think it would answer all your questions.

Max will see this soon enough... he'll be able to help you out I think.

OP
OP
Rivieraracing

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope he does, would really wanna get something on there to help out on the extra wear and tear, it has been a good rig for me!!

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Goozdenali, pm'ed ya!!

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
Just disconnect negative terminal, pull "Rtd" fuse, reconnect terminal and walla!! Bada Bing.

OP
OP
Rivieraracing

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha on that, but I'm wondering if I NEED to pull the fuse, trying to do all my research on this subject before I jump right on in ( if I do, I'll probably wire in a switch to do the same)!! Any denali guys got the answer I'm after??? Max????:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts