2024 Duramax/Air suspension malfunction?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
chrisbusnut

chrisbusnut

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Z71 with the air suspension and it does exactly what you are describing. I asked the dealer to look at it when I had the oil changed and they didn’t see anything wrong.

Please let us know what you find.
I will definitely let you know what the dealer says. Hopefully it won't be a "can't duplicate the issue" scenario.

yojek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2024 Yukon Denali with the Reserve Package, which includes air suspension. I've noticed that when I park overnight, the front air shocks seem to deflate, causing the vehicle to sit low in the front (but normal in the rear). I checked and do not have the setting engaged that lowers the vehicle when parked for easy entry/exit. I previously had a 2022 Tahoe Z71 that also had air suspension, and never had this issue. This Yukon has less than 500 miles on it. I'm wondering if there is an air shock leak? When I start it, the shocks inflate to normal height, and seem to operate normally. I don't hear any air escaping when I turn the engine off. Has anyone experienced this?

View attachment 418053

There is a service bulletin issued by GM for very similar issue like yours. See it here.

Bulletin Number: PIT5888
Date Added: February 14th, 2022
Summary: This Preliminary information communicates an issue with the air leveling suspension losing air pressure in very cold temperatures while sitting for several hours. Engineering is working on a fix.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a service bulletin issued by GM for very similar issue like yours. See it here.

Bulletin Number: PIT5888
Date Added: February 14th, 2022
Summary: This Preliminary information communicates an issue with the air leveling suspension losing air pressure in very cold temperatures while sitting for several hours. Engineering is working on a fix.
There actually was a “fix” for this which was a design change in the seals…was fixed in production in late 2021 (for 2022 MY and newer), so doubt it is this problem. But could be a leak or bad seal.

May want to read this thread:
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...ension-failure-in-cold-climates.131839/page-4

Post 34 has the TSB for the fix to the Air Ride/Cold Temp Issue.

FWIW, mine is fine, even in these cold temps, my build date was 1/6/22…so seems like they fixed it. I’d guess you have a different issue.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ‘22 Yukon At4 was doing the same but in the rear. Would lose an inch or two of height when parked overnight or all day. Took several trips to the dealer before they fixed it, but it was a leaking air spring. When you try to change the ride height manually do you get a leveling system error?

OP
OP
chrisbusnut

chrisbusnut

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, guys. I'm not getting any system errors at all. I took it to the dealer last week and they acknowledged the issue, but said that they couldn't find anything wrong with it. On the last night that it was there, they parked it inside and the tech stated that it didn't seem to lower. I picked it up Friday afternoon and am having the same problem. I read the service bulletin that yojek sent above, however our temps are not that cold (though it has been in the teens/20s since this weekend, but warmer than that before then). The dealer had to order a replacement B pillar for a rattle that I have there, so it will have to go back when that part comes in, and I will tell them that the problem persists. I'm sure it's a leak somewhere, but if it's a slow leak, I'm not sure how they are going to find it and then know what to repair or replace.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would mix some soap and water, and start spraying. If it;s slow you will see it bubble. It's time consuming to do, but if there is a slow leak at least you will find it.

OP
OP
chrisbusnut

chrisbusnut

Reaction score
UPDATE: No improvements since I got the vehicle back from the dealer. The front suspension still drops when parked. The longer it's parked, the more it deflates. I've begun measuring the distance from the ground to the bottom of the wheel well on the fender, and it drops over 3" when it sits more than one overnight period. I talked to the dealer again and sent my service rep the bulletin that was posted above (thank you). He showed it to the tech that had worked on my vehicle and said that they were ordering the parts or kit to replace and/or repair the front air shocks. Hopefully that does the trick. I'll post another update once the repair has been made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019