Aftermarket Radio with BOSE - wiring problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tengelman

Reaction score
Hello!

I just bought a 2011 GMC Yukon and sold my 2005 Tahoe with a tear drop in my eye :)

Today I tried to install this aftermarket radio:
https://www.erisin.com/erisin-es5428g-7-android-60-chevrolet-gmc-car-gps-stereo-dvd-player_p899.html

Everything went fine but I ran into 3 issues:

1.) The radio runs in park position and switches to the backup camera in rear position. But as soon as I go to N or D the screen remains black and the sound is off. As soon as I switch back to P it starts again.

2.) The wiring harness (see link above) says that there are 4 cables in the right black harness for the front speakers. And another black harness with the rear speaker-wires. No matter if I connect the rear-black-harness or not -> all the speakers run - but when I try to fade back in the radios menu it wont. Will say that all the speakers are front-connected. It maybe a wrong wiring at the harness. So: Where are the rear speaker wirings in the stock harness? There are several wires in the harnesses that come out of the dash that run into empty space in the aftermarket radio harness...

3.) The factory DVD monitor on top will turn on as soon as I switch to "VIDEO" at the radio. But doesnt show anything. Are there any Cinch-cables for that monitor? If not, where are the cables in the dash-harness?

When I still had the factory DENSO DW468100 installed everything worked fine.

Any ideas?

Regards
Dennis

OP
OP
tengelman

tengelman

Reaction score
Another Update:

i solved problem No3 (just switched two wires).

But still wonder about that No2:

With the Connector on page 244....My connector only has 6,7,14 and 13. That should be the rear speakers low level input.
I checked the output cables from the radio (switched them to the front for test) and they are ok. They even fade from front to rear when I use the balance/fade option on the radio. So it is definitely an issue with the stock wiring.
Why arent those rear low level inputs (6,7,14,13) not responding?
When I plug in the "main harness" (page 243) the connectors 9,10,2 and 3 work properly - but they go to the front AND rear speakers (??).

When I install the stock radio it also doesnt matter if the rear-speaker-harness ist connected or not. It seems, that the amp is fed only with the front lowlevel-input and divides this signal into front and rear....why????

harness.jpg harness2.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts