Aftermarket Radio Wiring without a diagram for 2013 Denali with Bose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

13UpInSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I purchased one of the Tesla style radios, this one from Raptortech, customer service is freaking horrible by the way. It says on the website that its works up to 2014, well after some back & forth over the last month & another wiring harness sent from them they tell me it only goes up to 2012. Working on a refund & maybe sending back but in the mean time I bought a PAC RP5-GM32 harness since I've got the Bose & Nav & figured I could spice raptortechs radio harness with the pac & get it to work. I got the thing to power up but cant get any audio not sure if the Bose system has a turn on wire built into or what. There is a harness with I believe 4 wires that doesn't connect to the Pac harness so not sure if its missing something there or not. Maybe some one on here has a diagram outlining the wires for a 2013 with Bose & Nav so I can try & match up. I like the idea of this radio but dealing with raptortech & then reaching out & trying to get info from Phoenixaudio has been a nightmare. Any and all help/input is greatly appreciated.

Tyler191938

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I purchased one of the Tesla style radios, this one from Raptortech, customer service is freaking horrible by the way. It says on the website that its works up to 2014, well after some back & forth over the last month & another wiring harness sent from them they tell me it only goes up to 2012. Working on a refund & maybe sending back but in the mean time I bought a PAC RP5-GM32 harness since I've got the Bose & Nav & figured I could spice raptortechs radio harness with the pac & get it to work. I got the thing to power up but cant get any audio not sure if the Bose system has a turn on wire built into or what. There is a harness with I believe 4 wires that doesn't connect to the Pac harness so not sure if its missing something there or not. Maybe some one on here has a diagram outlining the wires for a 2013 with Bose & Nav so I can try & match up. I like the idea of this radio but dealing with raptortech & then reaching out & trying to get info from Phoenixaudio has been a nightmare. Any and all help/input is greatly appreciated.
The BOSE amp does in fact have a "turn on" wire. If you look at the amp, the wire will be a pink wire. I'll upload pics to help you out some more. Lmk how you like that radio. I'd love to see pics of it if you have some.
9GgvAzx.png
Here is the wiring schematic for the color of wires and what they do.
Ixecnq5.png

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bose turn on signal is digital so you might try turning the radio selector switch to a different brand to see which one it emulates because it is not made for that radio.

OP
OP
13UpInSmoke

13UpInSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Bose turn on signal is digital so you might try turning the radio selector switch to a different brand to see which one it emulates because it is not made for that radio.
Your referring to the Pac harness with the selector switch? Ill try that. The pink wire referenced above is not correct then either? I know I saw that wire mentioned for the older gen trucks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your referring to the Pac harness with the selector switch? Ill try that. The pink wire referenced above is not correct then either? I know I saw that wire mentioned for the older gen trucks
the amp turn on signal is digital that's all I know, I was thinking it might work if you try different radio choices on the pac since the module should produce the digital signal without having to add any other wires. otherwise you might need to go with a maestro rr and they can do the custom programming for you if it won't work out the box

OP
OP
13UpInSmoke

13UpInSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the amp turn on signal is digital that's all I know, I was thinking it might work if you try different radio choices on the pac since the module should produce the digital signal without having to add any other wires. otherwise you might need to go with a maestro rr and they can do the custom programming for you if it won't work out the box
Gotcha. The help is very much appreciated. I may end up just bypassing the bose amp to get around the whole thing I really like the look of the radio but what a PIA

Tyler191938

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your best option is probably going to be to tap into a fuse into the fuse box. If you decide to go this route, make sure to tap into a fuse that is big enough, as well is only hot when the vehicle is on.
OlG1HSS.png

Keanen55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the Phoenix radio and it was all plug and play. I don't have the bose system in my truck so I'm not much help with that unfortunately. Good luck!

Attachments

• 20211008_134639.jpg
    20211008_134639.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 21