AFM delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridewot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a good AFM delete unit ? Have a 2008 Tahoe 5.3 120,000 miles
Thank You

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no information on AFM delete units, but others on this Forum will chime in. You can also delete the AFM through a tune, such as a Blackbear tune, while enjoying the performance improvements.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a good AFM delete unit ? Have a 2008 Tahoe 5.3 120,000 miles
Thank You

You might get more help if you posted this in the NNBS/GMT900 section. This is the 2021+ section. Maybe a mod can help @07Burb @Fless @Miami-Dade @NathanJax

To get the ball rolling, what exactly are you referring to as an "AFM delete unit"? A plug-in module to disable AFM from engaging or an actual delete where you replace the AFM parts with the non-AFM counterparts?

OP
OP
ridewot

ridewot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You might get more help if you posted this in the NNBS/GMT900 section. This is the 2021+ section. Maybe a mod can help @07Burb @Fless @Miami-Dade @NathanJax

To get the ball rolling, what exactly are you referring to as an "AFM delete unit"? A plug-in module to disable AFM from engaging or an actual delete where you replace the AFM parts with the non-AFM counterparts?
Just looking to disable the AFM mode

OklabyGodhoma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got all the parts delivered yesterday from Texas Speed; almost $900.00 worth but they are all high quality including a new cam, lifters, trays, gaskets, every single bolt and stud required to do a first rate AFM-DOD mod. Looking at just over $2K for labor but the ‘07 has less than 140K miles so I think it’s worth it.

If you are thinking about it just have your VIN and call Texas Speed and they will walk you through the process and save you money. I was about to order online and decided to call and it saved me over $140. on parts alone.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got all the parts delivered yesterday from Texas Speed; almost $900.00 worth but they are all high quality including a new cam, lifters, trays, gaskets, every single bolt and stud required to do a first rate AFM-DOD mod. Looking at just over $2K for labor but the ‘07 has less than 140K miles so I think it’s worth it.

If you are thinking about it just have your VIN and call Texas Speed and they will walk you through the process and save you money. I was about to order online and decided to call and it saved me over $140. on parts alone.
Did they send you the little LM7 camshaft or the LM33 shaft?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh