AFM delete on Chevy Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyguysuburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am thinking on fully deleting my AFM on my 2013 Chevy Suburban but I had a few thinks that I had questions on first should you replace the cam shaft second should you replace the oil pump I anyone knows if any of these should be replaced when deleting AFM let me know I would like to here other people's opinion.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am thinking on fully deleting my AFM on my 2013 Chevy Suburban but I had a few thinks that I had questions on first should you replace the cam shaft second should you replace the oil pump I anyone knows if any of these should be replaced when deleting AFM let me know I would like to here other people's opinion.
How many miles? Any problems with the engine right now? Oil pressure at idle and while driving? This information is necessary to help us answer these questions for you.

That said, if you're mechanically deleting AFM then you will need to change the camshaft. The factory AFM camshaft will not work properly with non-AFM lifters.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes do both cam and oil pump. Also do the oil pump o-ring, lifters and lifter trays, valley cover, and any other gaskets or seals you encounter along the way

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Welcome from SoCal. Here’s an example on one way to delete the AFM. A suggestion would be to go with an upgraded cam, ARP exhaust mani bolts & hi vol oil pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kfriesen91