Advice , recommends, shortcuts? Before big job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Samuraj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plan :
Driver side motor mount
Front struts
Front brake pads
Rear shocks
Rear brake pads
Tailgate lift props ...and some misc.
Have beer , time , tools , parts .
2 wheels drive , so no need to dick around with front axle :D

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Youll spend the most time on the motor mount. Everything else is cake. You replacing just the front shock or the entire assembly?

Ciro

Reaction score
Driver side mount is an easy job, I used my oem bottle jack to lift the engine using the little tab on the driver side.

Front struts, I would recommend to buy the ready struts, they are ready to install and the spring compression tool is not required. Also you will get the whole assembly with new components (spring, strut, insulators, etc).

Rear shocks are easy as well just be carefull with the brake lines and wires when you drop the axle, if you get the "Service Stabilitrac" message check the connectors on the subframe, for some reason they disconnect when you remove the upper shock nut and bolt.

For the whole job, I would start on the front, remove the driver side tire and proceed to remove the complete strut to make some space for the motor mount, then replace the motor mount, install the new strut, do the brakes and re-install the tire.

In the rear I would remove the tires, do the shocks and then the brakes.

aflumb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't done the job on the hoe, but from others i would remove the suspension, wheel liner on the side your doing the motor mount and do it with the parts removed for better access.

Ciro

Reaction score
Both. The best access to remove the bolts from the engine mount to the frame is the top. The best access to remove the bolts from the engine mount to the engine is the bottom. Please note the hex nuts on the frame are welded, some people try to remove the nuts since they can be seen easily from the bottom but they can't appreciate they are welded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo