Adding power folding mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jdj71

jdj71

Reaction score
Like tony said, they only work at night with oem keyfob, you can test them in daylight by covering the sun sensor on the dash with a jacket or something so it thinks it is nightime.
I wired mine to work with the interior lights because I use a aftermarket alarm keyfob and the interior lights work with the alarm.
Ok
Could it possibly be that the original mirrors did not have puddle lights ?
Or is the wiring harness all the same SLE SLT DENALI etc

Thx

Just gotta figure out how to wire to interior lights
Thx

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok
Could it possibly be that the original mirrors did not have puddle lights ?
Or is the wiring harness all the same SLE SLT DENALI etc

Thx

Just gotta figure out how to wire to interior lights
Thx
If there are puddle lights on the bottom of the mirrors then check the bulbs, it should work automatically at night with oem fob, maybe check the dic to be sure you have approach lighting enabled

OP
OP
jdj71

jdj71

Reaction score
If there are puddle lights on the bottom of the mirrors then check the bulbs, it should work automatically at night with oem fob, maybe check the dic to be sure you have approach lighting enabled
Just checked
Approach lighting is activated

Bulbs are new
Sensor is covered
Still no puddles

Do the puddle lights have their own wiring to the window switch on the inner door panel?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they do but it comes from the door switch to the mirror
did you by chance use led's? if so try flipping them around most are polarity sensitive
with the approach lighting enabled do any other lights turn on when you unlock it with the oem fob?

OP
OP
jdj71

jdj71

Reaction score
they do but it comes from the door switch to the mirror
did you by chance use led's? if so try flipping them around most are polarity sensitive
with the approach lighting enabled do any other lights turn on when you unlock it with the oem fob?
The bulbs are just those peanut style incandescent

Headlights and tail lights on
When locked and unlocked

Indicator arrow lights on the mirrors blink as well

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok well then you might have to take the door panels back off then and if I remember correctly check the harness with the orange or orange/white stripped wires there is 2 of them on one of the 2 mirror harness, one orange wire is on the outside edge of the harness and the other orange wire is more towards the center of the harness, check the corresponding pins on each side make sure one didn't get bent or something, the outer orange wire is the negative and inner orange wire is the positive.

OP
OP
jdj71

jdj71

Reaction score
ok well then you might have to take the door panels back off then and if I remember correctly check the harness with the orange or orange/white stripped wires there is 2 of them on one of the 2 mirror harness, one orange wire is on the outside edge of the harness and the other orange wire is more towards the center of the harness, check the corresponding pins on each side make sure one didn't get bent or something, the outer orange wire is the negative and inner orange wire is the positive.
Ok

Thx for your advice !!!!
I Appreciate your time responding

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you might also check for continuance between those 2 orange/white wires, with the harness unplugged just stick a meter probe on each end

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
✅gonna get me a probe

Fk. I wish I knew more about electrical
I am no wizard myself I just thought it might help troubleshoot the problem, checking for continuity between those 2 wires tells you if the puddle light will come on or not if it has power applied, if the bulb holder has any residue or rust on it the bulbs may not be making contact, I replaced mine with led's and sometimes I have wiggle the bulb to make it work, i went out and checked mine last night and sure enough one is not working again so I probably need to pop it open and give it a jiggle. you might try that as well just to see it makes any difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo