Adding Fender Flares on my '08 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmbaseball44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
im new to this website and i need some advice for my new tahoe. i have an 08 tahoe LT with the stock 20" rims. i have been thinking about adding some Z71 look alike fender flares. does anybody have any pictures of how this will look and does anybody have a good place to get these for a good price. any advice will be greatly appreciated!!

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picture something that looks like crap, then picture it in the same color as your truck. There you go.

Just kidding! (Kind of.)

I am not a fan of the z71 (or other) flares on this body style. I WAS a fan of the flares on my '02, but GM tightened up the lines on this body style, and nothing looks tacked-on like it did on the '06-and-earlier body. Some folks here have even removed the flares from their factory z71s. I think you will hurt the look of your truck by adding flares.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@KMel - I 100% Agree. I had the nbs Z71 with the fender flares and it looked great... not so much on the nnbs...

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that the aftermarket flares look tacked on. However, the Z71 OEM flares are just right but I am biased :bleh:!

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
yes i am curious as well. It would probally look good for my winter 17s setup, but not sure how it would look with the summer 20s back on

Keanen55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a set of them on my truck ad took them off. I can't say that I disliked them, but I just liked how the truck looked without them. I still have them if you're interested.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't really like the look of the fender flares on the NNBS due to the offset of the stock wheels. If you get some aftermarket wheels with an offset that puts the wheels further out so they're flush with the flares then it would probably look fine. But the stock wheels are tucked clear up under the flares and it just looks goofy IMHO....

Parco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have a photo of their truck with flares installed? Either OEM or aftermarket. Was thinking about Bushwacker OE 0.5" fender flares on our new 2011 Yukon. I was going to paint them Onyx Black to match the body color. Have the standard 17" aluminum factory wheels and tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwallace81