08 Tahoe 4WD not engaging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07AZTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been searching for a while with no luck finding anything quite like my issue. I have a 2007 Tahoe that the 4WD selector switch is illuminated for 2WD but when I change the switch to Auto - 4WD - 4WDLO nothing happens, the light does not change and the transfer-case does not change either. I replaced the 4WD selector switch with a new one from the dealer with no change. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kenneth
2007 Tahoe
245k miles

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been searching for a while with no luck finding anything quite like my issue. I have a 2007 Tahoe that the 4WD selector switch is illuminated for 2WD but when I change the switch to Auto - 4WD - 4WDLO nothing happens, the light does not change and the transfer-case does not change either. I replaced the 4WD selector switch with a new one from the dealer with no change. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kenneth
2007 Tahoe
245k miles
Not getting any codes?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You'll need a tool that will read the 4wd codes; not all do.

How old is the encoder motor on the transfer case?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What make and model code reader are you using? Is it capable of reading the 4wd codes?

So they probably used the old encoder motor on the transfer case and didn't put a new on one. Or does your paperwork show differently?

OP
OP
07AZTahoe

07AZTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What make and model code reader are you using? Is it capable of reading the 4wd codes?

So they probably used the old encoder motor on the transfer case and didn't put a new on one. Or does your paperwork show differently?
I will have to look again at the paperwork, but I have a code reader that will read abs trans and engine and brake codes… but I’m not sure about the 4wd codes. And where is the encoder motor at and can I just order a new one?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You might find this interesting. And why not do some diagnosis before guessing on parts? -- Up to you, though.

OP
OP
07AZTahoe

07AZTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You might find this interesting. And why not do some diagnosis before guessing on parts? -- Up to you, though.

I will check it out. I just want to avoid going to the dealership! lol
Checked out the video, looks like some good info. I will take a look at all of the parts and see if I get power and go from there. Thanks.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10

Latest posts