Adding an oil cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BrainDead

Reaction score
Brian, so your radiator has two fittings/plugs on the driver's side tank without lines running to it?

Got around to checking under the hood today and I don't have any plugs on the drivers side of the radiator. I have the 2 lines for the tranny on the pass side and a power steering cooler in front of the radiator, but no oil cooler in the rad

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
For some reason or another they did not put the oil cooler in your rig but is less expensive during manufacture to put ports for all engines to have an oil cooler and then just block them off than to have 2 different designs. I have an 02 Tahoe with the oil cooler block off plate. I don't tow anything on a regular basis so I see no need but if it was there I would make sure it worked.
Have to stop typing now, my back hurts. Honestly, I know of what you speak about the back. I am 67 and deal with it from time to time. Good luck with that. You need to get one of those wrap around and velcro shut back braces.

OP
OP
B

BrainDead

Reaction score
For some reason or another they did not put the oil cooler in your rig but is less expensive during manufacture to put ports for all engines to have an oil cooler and then just block them off than to have 2 different designs. I have an 02 Tahoe with the oil cooler block off plate. I don't tow anything on a regular basis so I see no need but if it was there I would make sure it worked.
Have to stop typing now, my back hurts. Honestly, I know of what you speak about the back. I am 67 and deal with it from time to time. Good luck with that. You need to get one of those wrap around and velcro shut back braces.

Thanks PNW VietVet, and thanks for your service. My chiropractor told me the same thing, but I'm stubborn and think my dumb ass knows better, hopefully this time I'll listen.

I'm planning to upgrade my radiator to the mishimoto unit, which has the built in cooler, so I'll pick up the lines that swathdiver found for me and get it installed. I might even see if I can get some before and after temps, if I can figure it out on my torque app

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks PNW VietVet, and thanks for your service. My chiropractor told me the same thing, but I'm stubborn and think my dumb ass knows better, hopefully this time I'll listen.

I'm planning to upgrade my radiator to the mishimoto unit, which has the built in cooler, so I'll pick up the lines that swathdiver found for me and get it installed. I might even see if I can get some before and after temps, if I can figure it out on my torque app

Talk to Ken about that Torque Pro stuff. @kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

Talk to Ken about that Torque Pro stuff. @kbuskill

Give this a try...
Screenshot_20200325-075355_Torque.jpg
Screenshot_20200325-075358_Torque.jpg

I believe that's what I am using... let me know if it works for you.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I reading correctly that the factory OBD2 system keeps track of oil temps? I wonder if I could program a Scan Gauge II to show oil temp....anyone know?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Am I reading correctly that the factory OBD2 system keeps track of oil temps? I wonder if I could program a Scan Gauge II to show oil temp....anyone know?

That is correct... and I'm not sure since I've never messed with a Scan Gauge ll.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz