Adding Adaptive Cruise on 2022 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
While you're asking your dealer if they can add it , please ask for me if they can "uninstall" it on my wife's 2016 Yukon. I would pay someone big bucks to have it removed. Biggest POS feature GM ever came up with, at least without giving the owner the capability to turn it off.

I'm serious, I would drive a 1000 miles to a dealer that could get rid of it, and pay a couple of grand to have it done.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While you're asking your dealer if they can add it , please ask for me if they can "uninstall" it on my wife's 2016 Yukon. I would pay someone big bucks to have it removed. Biggest POS feature GM ever came up with, at least without giving the owner the capability to turn it off.

I'm serious, I would drive a 1000 miles to a dealer that could get rid of it, and pay a couple of grand to have it done.
No way to run it in standard cruise mode? The 2022 I have can be run in either ACC or normal cruise mode, with a simple hold of the button on the steering wheel.

Reaction score
Nope, went out to the vehicle and tried what you mentioned. Sitting in the driveway, I could get it to temporarily disengage, but as soon as it went into drive, ACC is the only option when engaging cruise. You're lucky to be to get rid of this POS feature.

Last edited:

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2022 Tahoe and also would like to have this feature added. Seems to me that if they can send out Super Cruise over the air, they'd be able to send out ACC feature but that's probably oversimplifying it

Coronado126

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been doing a lot of digging into this, and unfortunately you do need to install several components to add it, plus the problem of getting the parts properly calibrated. I have an 22 RST that I've been playing with adding this on.

Currently I'm waiting to find either a wrecked Tahoe with these parts, or massive pay increase to afford it all lol.

At a minimum here are the parts that need added:

Long Range Radar Sensor Bracket and Sensor (located behind front bumper on passenger side) RPO code B233B
Front Fascia Harness (the connector for the long range radar sensor is not present) - includes connectors for all the parking sensors, grille camera, and LRR sensor.
Image Processing Module, Bracket, and Harness (located in rear hatch area on passenger side rear pillar) - On my Tahoe, the rear hatch/cargo area harness does not have connectors for the module. RPO code K124. This module mounts OVER the SRS module.

You may also need to change the Front View Windshield Camera as there are 2 different part numbers.

I'm finding is that most dealers are unwilling to give part numbers out over the phone when you call in. Of the 3 dealers I have, only 1 is willing to actually give me the part numbers.

Last edited:

LEO225

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did anyone happen to get any more information on this? I got a 22 high country with everything but that. Assuming that I have the front cameras and sensors, the wiring for the radar should be there just not plugged into anything right now

osticca

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been doing a lot of digging into this, and unfortunately you do need to install several components to add it, plus the problem of getting the parts properly calibrated. I have an 22 RST that I've been playing with adding this on.

Currently I'm waiting to find either a wrecked Tahoe with these parts, or massive pay increase to afford it all lol.

At a minimum here are the parts that need added:

Long Range Radar Sensor Bracket and Sensor (located behind front bumper on passenger side) RPO code B233B
Front Fascia Harness (the connector for the long range radar sensor is not present) - includes connectors for all the parking sensors, grille camera, and LRR sensor.
Image Processing Module, Bracket, and Harness (located in rear hatch area on passenger side rear pillar) - On my Tahoe, the rear hatch/cargo area harness does not have connectors for the module. RPO code K124. This module mounts OVER the SRS module.

You may also need to change the Front View Windshield Camera as there are 2 different part numbers.

I'm finding is that most dealers are unwilling to give part numbers out over the phone when you call in. Of the 3 dealers I have, only 1 is willing to actually give me the part numbers.
We just got a 22 denali. I didn’t test the adaptive cruise control cause I saw the button and made an ass out of myself. Maybe there is a TSB for calibration.

LEO225

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've actually been digging into this in my limited free time to add ACC to my 22 RST. IMO, it seems attainable, at what cost, well that's part of what I'm working out.

I haven't been able to confirm the presence of the wiring harness' for what needs added, but like WalleyeMike said, you need to add the "Long Distance Radar Module" and bracket (behind front bumper/fascia on passenger side mounted to lower radiator brace) and calibrate, along with the "Image Processing Module" plus bracket and calibrate (located behind the last trim panel on the passenger side rear "wall" against the hatch, mounted beneath one of the SRS modules).

Then you'll more than likely have to calibrate the DIC to accommodate adding ACC. The standard switch on the wheel seems to be the same as the switch used for ACC control.

In my case, I already have a front facing camera module and sensor assembly.

My largest concern (besides the cost of that IPM module, it's a spicy one) is with the calibrations themselves. I'm using a VIN from a High Country to do my research and eventual upgrading/calibrating. The question I have now, is if GM "codes" the calibration files to the VIN used to find the calibration you want. If they do, that's where a guy is going to have to get crafty.

My RST is currently in the shop for some warranty work but I do plan on trying some things when I get it back.

Funny comparison though, on the flip side of manufacturers, with Ford and their Super Duty line you can just add the long range radar sensor, calibrate a couple modules with a 3rd party Ford program called Forscan, and it'll work.
Did you ever get this to work or any update?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157