2016 Yukon Denali 4x4 - Options to add Adaptive Cruise Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yorkeystyl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I just purchased a 2016 Yukon Denali 4x4. To my dismay, I learned that all of the 4x4 models come with regular cruise control. I would like to know if anyone has any experience trying to add an aftermarket module / kit to add this feature. Thank you in advance for any ideas you might be able to share.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can tell you that with 100% certainty that your ‘16 Denali being 4WD is not the reason it doesn’t have ACC. There are 4WD models equipped with ACC. Yours just simply didn’t have that option added.

If it was possible to add ACC it would be a pretty big undertaking. I’m guessing you’d be looking at minimum removal of front bumper cover (possibly more), additional front end sensors, modification to front bumper sensor wiring harness, modifying the BCM, software reflash, and then of course re-assembly. A lot of this software and BCM work would have to be performed at a GMC dealership so you’re paying dealership labor rates.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was at minimum $3K+ to accomplish that with GM OEM parts.

I think there’s too much of the ACC features and functionality dependent on the factory wiring harnesses, sensors, BCM, and software integration for there to be any “aftermarket” option. My guess is the only way to accomplish adding this option after the fact would be with GM OEM parts.

k_arnold72

Reaction score
That's one way of looking at it. But just to give another point of view(not to argue) I think it could be easy?

My Durango had ACC and from what I could tell, it utilized the same sensors in the bumper for parking and ACC. Different platform, I know. But it could be as easy as enabling the settings in the ecu. My Tahoe does not have ACC either but I've been curious what it would take to add it as well.

If I use e85 for comparison, the flex fuel and non flex versions of these trucks seem to be virtually the same(same part numbers on the injectors and fuel pump from what I can tell). To convert to flex you just add the sensor and enable the setting through a tuner.

Could be the same for adaptive cruise, proximity sensors already in place via the parking sensors, just enable the settings. Makes sense in my mind but I have not looked into it yet.

No doubt that if done at the dealer, they will charge you what they charge you. That's just how labor is(company I work for is the same). But that might not be the only way.

I can tell you that with 100% certainty that your ‘16 Denali being 4WD is not the reason it doesn’t have ACC. There are 4WD models equipped with ACC. Yours just simply didn’t have that option added.

If it was possible to add ACC it would be a pretty big undertaking. I’m guessing you’d be looking at minimum removal of front bumper cover (possibly more), additional front end sensors, modification to front bumper sensor wiring harness, modifying the BCM, software reflash, and then of course re-assembly. A lot of this software and BCM work would have to be performed at a GMC dealership so you’re paying dealership labor rates.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was at minimum $3K+ to accomplish that with GM OEM parts.

I think there’s too much of the ACC features and functionality dependent on the factory wiring harnesses, sensors, BCM, and software integration for there to be any “aftermarket” option. My guess is the only way to accomplish adding this option after the fact would be with GM OEM parts.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your ride will not use the same sensors as you find in the bumper. ACC requires a much larger module which would be located being the bumper and prevent having tow hooks on both sides.
Welcome to GM.

CorvairGeek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The ACC still worked on my 2019 Denali Ultimate with the parking system disabled from a smashed, left middle, parking sensor. They positively aren't part of the system, as mentioned above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar