Adaptive Cruise Control Yukon SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MRV1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently bought a 2nd hand 2016 GMC YUKON SLT, but I am not sure if it has an adaptive cruise control, however it's equipped with Lane keep assist camera and Collision-Radar inside the front bumper, also it has GAP button on the steering wheel.

Anyone can help if this car has an Adaptive Cruise Contro?

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engage cruise and then fall in behind a slower vehicle. Your speed will decrease if you have it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
start by reading the owners manual on page 235, it explains it all if you have it then you will know for sure
also some have the option to use regular cruise or adaptive, which I believe is determined by long pressing the cruise button and seeing if anything changes on the information screen

markni12301

Reaction score
...and I believe when you set the cruise control and a "Gap Adjustment" display pops up in your dash then you have ACC. Also a simple Google image search of GM adaptive cruise control has the standard image icons that will tell you the difference between regular cruise and ACC.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a 2nd hand 2016 GMC YUKON SLT, but I am not sure if it has an adaptive cruise control, however it's equipped with Lane keep assist camera and Collision-Radar inside the front bumper, also it has GAP button on the steering wheel.

When you press the collision alert/gap distance button on the left hand control stack on your steering wheel, what message exactly is shown on the driver's instrument cluster?

FargoJoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

The adaptive cruise control icon on the dashboard is different than the standard cruise icon. Adaptive has a speedo plus a little arrow plus a little car. Regular cruise just has a little speedo and a little arrow. There is also a gap control button with adaptive cruise, but the icon is the answer to know for sure.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adaptive cruise and GAP are 2 different things? I thought the GAP was just the distance feature of your adaptive cruise. As in they go together and you wouldn’t have 1 without the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar