Adding Adaptive Cruise on 2022 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JLMBT

Reaction score
I spoke with GM online, it looks like you can add Adaptive Cruise on your new 2022 yukon denali if it didn't come with it...does anyone know if they have added that after and what was the process like? I understand it's a very small module that needs to connect to the computer of the vehicle..I was just checking to see if anyone had that done after they purchased their denali. The denali come ready to add it, I just wasn't sure how that worked...any thoughts on this?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke with GM online, it looks like you can add Adaptive Cruise on your new 2022 yukon denali if it didn't come with it...does anyone know if they have added that after and what was the process like? I understand it's a very small module that needs to connect to the computer of the vehicle..I was just checking to see if anyone had that done after they purchased their denali. The denali come ready to add it, I just wasn't sure how that worked...any thoughts on this?
I think if you have, on your sticker, a credit for "not equipped with adaptive cruise control, includes later retrofit" then you can get it added.
If your vehicle did not have this option ordered, it likely takes install of:
Front Radar
Forward Looking Camera Module
Adaptive Cruise Module
Reprogram of one or more of the modules (BCM, ECM, PCM, or who knows what else)

This last step may be sketchy, as in order to program, they have to use your VIN, and your build sheet won't have this option on it...so the "system" figuring out how to load the appropriate calibrations may have issues.

But, the best place to really ask this question and get a solid answer is the service department of your dealer. I'd be surprised if you can add it if it isn't on the retrofit list.

Z15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I be surprised if whom you spoke to (on line) had the knowledge to answer that question or even grasped exactly what you were asking. They can't possibly know all that might be involved? Whats more, the option has been on constraint since announced so if possible, the parts might no be available to order because items like those are built on spec for a particular vehicle that's been accepted into production. Extra parts are not likely to be available in the parts system.

Coronado126

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've actually been digging into this in my limited free time to add ACC to my 22 RST. IMO, it seems attainable, at what cost, well that's part of what I'm working out.

I haven't been able to confirm the presence of the wiring harness' for what needs added, but like WalleyeMike said, you need to add the "Long Distance Radar Module" and bracket (behind front bumper/fascia on passenger side mounted to lower radiator brace) and calibrate, along with the "Image Processing Module" plus bracket and calibrate (located behind the last trim panel on the passenger side rear "wall" against the hatch, mounted beneath one of the SRS modules).

Then you'll more than likely have to calibrate the DIC to accommodate adding ACC. The standard switch on the wheel seems to be the same as the switch used for ACC control.

In my case, I already have a front facing camera module and sensor assembly.

My largest concern (besides the cost of that IPM module, it's a spicy one) is with the calibrations themselves. I'm using a VIN from a High Country to do my research and eventual upgrading/calibrating. The question I have now, is if GM "codes" the calibration files to the VIN used to find the calibration you want. If they do, that's where a guy is going to have to get crafty.

My RST is currently in the shop for some warranty work but I do plan on trying some things when I get it back.

Funny comparison though, on the flip side of manufacturers, with Ford and their Super Duty line you can just add the long range radar sensor, calibrate a couple modules with a 3rd party Ford program called Forscan, and it'll work.

Tyler2940

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We just purchased a 2022 GMC Yukon XL. I’m in the same situation. It has the front camera/ 360 degree cameras. Very disappointed it does not have the ACC. If you figure it out please give us all the details. On long road trips it makes driving so much easier. Thanks for your help.

Tyler2940

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We just purchased a 2022 GMC Yukon XL. I’m in the same situation. It has the front camera/ 360 degree cameras. Very disappointed it does not have the ACC. If you figure it out please give us all the details. On long road trips it makes driving so much easier. Thanks for your help.

23denali3500

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've actually been digging into this in my limited free time to add ACC to my 22 RST. IMO, it seems attainable, at what cost, well that's part of what I'm working out.

I haven't been able to confirm the presence of the wiring harness' for what needs added, but like WalleyeMike said, you need to add the "Long Distance Radar Module" and bracket (behind front bumper/fascia on passenger side mounted to lower radiator brace) and calibrate, along with the "Image Processing Module" plus bracket and calibrate (located behind the last trim panel on the passenger side rear "wall" against the hatch, mounted beneath one of the SRS modules).

Then you'll more than likely have to calibrate the DIC to accommodate adding ACC. The standard switch on the wheel seems to be the same as the switch used for ACC control.

In my case, I already have a front facing camera module and sensor assembly.

My largest concern (besides the cost of that IPM module, it's a spicy one) is with the calibrations themselves. I'm using a VIN from a High Country to do my research and eventual upgrading/calibrating. The question I have now, is if GM "codes" the calibration files to the VIN used to find the calibration you want. If they do, that's where a guy is going to have to get crafty.

My RST is currently in the shop for some warranty work but I do plan on trying some things when I get it back.

Funny comparison though, on the flip side of manufacturers, with Ford and their Super Duty line you can just add the long range radar sensor, calibrate a couple modules with a 3rd party Ford program called Forscan, and it'll work.
Just took delivery of my 23 denali 3500 hd and no acc trying to figure out how to add it . Ridiculous spending $103,700 after tax ect. and have less options than my 14 ram 2500 had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518