Acceptable GM warranty repair?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12rtstp953

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The rear defroster connection on the back glass hatch on my 2011 Tahoe came off the other day. Because the truck in still under warranty I brought it to the dealer for repair...

They soldered it back on and a day later it was hanging again..

When I went back the service writer said that they were going to replace the glass because it didn't hold. Well they attempted to re solder it again...I will attach the pic of their handy work...to me it looks horrible and very sloppy.. What do you guys think?

When I questioned why they attempted the repair again they said that is what GM wanted them to do...they would only replace the glass if the defroster lines were broken...

The service manger said the same thing...

Opinions..comments?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 47

Delta_Chevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That looks bad! Same thing happened to my 2011 Yukon. Still haven't fixed it!

FishinCricket

GMC Salesman
Reaction score
Go back in and throw a (controlled) fit. Ask to speak with a manager and tell them that you want it fixed properly. Be firm, but not "off the handle". If that doesn't work, either try another dealer or call the number in your owners manual under customer service.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are not meant to even try to re-connect it on, they know it will never stay.

They HAVE to replace the rear window ... this: "they would only replace the glass if the defroster lines were broken" is a flat out lie and complete ********.

Idiots.

OP
OP

12rtstp953

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments and suggestions... I am glad I am not the only one that thinks it looks horrible...I am going to give it a few days and hope it falls off again

Need to some research on what the "proper gm fix" is...

Delta_Chevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments and suggestions... I am glad I am not the only one that thinks it looks horrible...I am going to give it a few days and hope it falls off again

Need to some research on what the "proper gm fix" is...

Make sure it falls off again!! ;)

Sent from my MID using Tapatalk 2

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
The proper GM fix is to replace the glass. The soldering will only hold for so long since the glass is constantly being opened and tension is put on that tab. Get the service manager or ops manager at the dealer involved, they'll replace it.

Elrey7698

Reaction score
Same thing happened to my yukon and after 4 attemps at fixing it the dealer replaced the glass..they did a horrible job at that too..they scratched all the paint around it and places the glass so crooked that the gaps are ugly...i finally said screw it and took it to a glass shop and i took pictures..i went back and showed them how it was supposed to be done..they gave me a $200 gas card for my troubles...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jterry76