2022 6.2L Engine Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poolboy21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, found you after having some issues with our RST. Been in the shop for 6 weeks and we picked it up and still had the same issue, at low rpm you could hear it clanking.

Now they are going to replace the engine said it should be in next week.

Anything I need to watch out for? I am thankful they are replacing the engine, but I want to make sure this thing is going to last.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plenty of 6.2L being replaced because of main bearing failure. Haven't heard about it happening twice to the same rig... hopefully the tech doing the work is thorough and does a good job. You'll be getting a new engine so take it easy for the first 500 miles and then put it to work.

OP
OP
P

Poolboy21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Plenty of 6.2L being replaced because of main bearing failure. Haven't heard about it happening twice to the same rig... hopefully the tech doing the work is thorough and does a good job. You'll be getting a new engine so take it easy for the first 500 miles and then put it to work.
The first repair, they attempted to fix the engine. Now they are replacing. Just to clarify. Thanks!

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was looking at a Yukon at the local GMC dealer. Not a big place. Walked thru the shop to see it out back. They had a late model Escalade getting an engine replacement and 2 late model pick ups getting lifter replacements. Scary stuff......

djsassan

Reaction score
1. Ask if there is any metal in the oil. If yes, they should change the radiator also.

GM did not change the radiator in my engine bay after the first failure. 148 miles later, the new engine died as well.

2. Ask for extended powertrain coverage, the full 5 yrs.

NELLY1947

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, found you after having some issues with our RST. Been in the shop for 6 weeks and we picked it up and still had the same issue, at low rpm you could hear it clanking.

Now they are going to replace the engine said it should be in next week.

Anything I need to watch out for? I am thankful they are replacing the engine, but I want to make sure this thing is going to last.
This .aybe over kill but this is what i do..I have always changed my first oil and filter at 2500 miles. I make the dealer give me the filter along with when the oil is drained I have them drain the oil through a microfiber and collect what it catches. I send it to a lab and have them analyze the fluid. 4 trucks ago I had a diesel replaced at 4k miles due to the shavings found. Was told by the lab I would have had a total failure at 70 to 90 k

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was looking at a Yukon at the local GMC dealer. Not a big place. Walked thru the shop to see it out back. They had a late model Escalade getting an engine replacement and 2 late model pick ups getting lifter replacements. Scary stuff......
It's not scary. It's a shop. If you visited me during my hey day I promise you would reconsider many 'reliable' gm offerings. Truth is everything breaks. And shops have plenty of broken stuff. I ran a landcruiser shop for a bit. And yes they would break too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts