AC going hot during idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AN292

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My coolant temp also rises.

I have a new:

Water pump
Thermostat
Fan clutch

any ideas?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My coolant temp also rises.

I have a new:

Water pump
Thermostat
Fan clutch

any ideas?
Has it been doing this for awhile or has it just started recently? Which coolant and how old is it? Could be an internal blockage. Last thing is your radiator, how's the condition of that? Having any coolant loss? How high is the temp getting?

OP
OP
AN292

AN292

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has it been doing this for awhile or has it just started recently? Which coolant and how old is it? Could be an internal blockage. Last thing is your radiator, how's the condition of that? Having any coolant loss? How high is the temp getting?

It’s a very new problem. Orange dex, water pump, thermostat, and coolant are less than a month old. I had coolant loss with my old water pump, new one is not leaking a drop. The temp goes about 3/4 of the way to max and the AC is uncomfortably hot.

When I drive it’s ice cold though

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
It’s a very new problem. Orange dex, water pump, thermostat, and coolant are less than a month old. I had coolant loss with my old water pump, new one is not leaking a drop. The temp goes about 3/4 of the way to max and the AC is uncomfortably hot.

When I drive it’s ice cold though
What brand water pump? Brand of the clutch fan? Possible to get bad parts out of the box. You usually get what you pay for with that cheap crap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins