AC blower motor going out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phattyford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I jumped in my truck to go get some lunch and headed to a friends shop to check out his new Harley. I ate my lunch and kicked the rest of my hour just killing time with him. As I jumped back in my truck and took off I noticed my AC wasn't on. I looked down and the display was reading that it was on full blast but nothing was coming outta the vents. I pulled over and checked the fuse panel to see if it was a blown fuse. It's 73 under the hood which is one of the big 40 amp fuses. Anyhow, the fuse looked good and I was just scratching my head cause I wasn't sure what to do. Then I remembered that in an old work truck I used to have, I had to kick the blower motor housing and it would get it to working. Wouldn't ya know, as soon as I opened the passenger door and slapped the motor housing, she kicked on.

So what's this mean? Is it gonna go out soon? Has anyone else had this happen? Expensive? Hard to change out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts