About to pull the trigger - need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YuDe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Long time lurker here, about to join the party.

Trying to decide between a fully loaded 2015 Denali for 11k off MSRP from Laura or a similar 2016 unit for 5k off MSRP from a local dealer.

If I go for the 2015 unit, I will have to fly to St Louis and drive the truck back to Houston TX and then have to deal with any warranty issues locally (hopefully not, but have to consider).

The 2016 unit will end up costing 6k more. A bit less if I factor in the cost to fly out and drive back for the other unit. Also it is still in 3000 status and so there will be a bit of a wait. However, FWIW, I will have the advantage of having bought it locally.

What would you do?

yahtzee

Reaction score
Long time lurker here, about to join the party.

Trying to decide between a fully loaded 2015 Denali for 11k off MSRP from Laura or a similar 2016 unit for 5k off MSRP from a local dealer.

If I go for the 2015 unit, I will have to fly to St Louis and drive the truck back to Houston TX and then have to deal with any warranty issues locally (hopefully not, but have to consider).

The 2016 unit will end up costing 6k more. A bit less if I factor in the cost to fly out and drive back for the other unit. Also it is still in 3000 status and so there will be a bit of a wait. However, FWIW, I will have the advantage of having bought it locally.

What would you do?

Relationships are everything HOWEVER I don't think they make much difference when it comes to buying a car vs post-sale service. I can't stand the GM (he feels the same way) at my local BMW dealer but their service department rocks.

I too am somewhat on the fence about a 15...the buffeting issues I have heard first hand are almost enough to make me go 16. Will Laura GMC move anymore than your local dealer on a 16? I am in Virginia and don't mind the flight out but not sure I want to rack up that many miles that quickly as I am leasing.

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would honestly buy the 2016 vs taking a used/demo vehicle but it's up to you. When spending that much money, I'd rather have new ALL DAY personally.

What dealer is dealing in Houston?

I contacted almost a dozen and none wanted to deal on a '16 and only wanted a few thousand off a '15. I ended up ordering from Vernon Auto Group for $500 below invoice price on a '16. They've treated me well and just got notice my order was accepted today. I can give you phone/email of my salesman if you're interested just PM me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y

YuDe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys for your thoughts. I decided to hold off on the purchase and wait for a 2016 with the right options/price.

Got-Boost - the 2015 unit is brand new (not a used/demo piece). But I still decided to wait for a 2016 unit mainly because of buffeting concerns (especially with an out of state purchase). I was dealing with Sterling McCall. They got close to Laura's price but not close enough. I am also working with Beck Masten North. The sales guy there seems very eager to make the sale. I told him about Laura's pricing and it didn't turn him off. I did leave Brandon Mitchell @ Vernon a voice mail three days ago but he hasn't returned my call yet.

Last edited:

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for your thoughts. I decided to hold off on the purchase and wait for a 2016 with the right options/price.

Got-Boost - the 2015 unit is brand new (not a used/demo piece). But I still decided to wait for a 2016 unit mainly because of buffeting concerns (especially with an out of state purchase). I was dealing with Sterling McCall. They got close to Laura's price but not close enough. I am also working with Beck Masten North. The sales guy there seems very eager to make the sale. I told him about Laura's pricing and it didn't turn him off. I did leave Brandon Mitchell @ Vernon a voice mail three days ago but he hasn't returned my call yet.

Brandon's wife just had a baby on Monday so he may be on vacation for a week or so. He'll take care of you though if you have time to wait his return.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good call on going with the 2016! Hopefully some of the known bugs have been worked out. You will enjoy the 6.2!

malba2366

Reaction score
If you can wait...wait for the 2016 to come down in price. Month over month sales on all 3 of these vehicles have seen double digit drops recently, a sign that the initial surge in demand is fading. GM will soon put some cash on the hood to move metal, and dealers will start discounting these models more in line with the other vehicles.

I would have no concern about Warranty...any dealer will be more than happy to provide service and warranty repair as the service departments have become just as or more profitable than the sales floor.

OP
OP
Y

YuDe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought i saw a thread here yesterday about somebody having issues with a 2016 unit. Did it get deleted?

I have been holding off my purchase, waiting for the 2016s, hoping the dreaded buffeting issue will be resolved. Was really hoping to hear that the issues this person was facing were because of something else.

yahtzee

Reaction score
I thought i saw a thread here yesterday about somebody having issues with a 2016 unit. Did it get deleted?

I have been holding off my purchase, waiting for the 2016s, hoping the dreaded buffeting issue will be resolved. Was really hoping to hear that the issues this person was facing were because of something else.

I'm one of them. For some reason, a mod moved it to the "engine" section. No clue why.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts