About to pull the trigger - need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVL

Reaction score
My advice: Do neither. Put the GMC out of your mind and go directly to the nearest Ford, Lincoln, or Toyota (or other) dealer where you will find a full size SUV that is engineered and built better than the GMC you are considering.

Trust me...I've now spent over a year with my 2015 Denali XL.

yahtzee

Reaction score
My advice: Do neither. Put the GMC out of your mind and go directly to the nearest Ford, Lincoln, or Toyota (or other) dealer where you will find a full size SUV that is engineered and built better than the GMC you are considering.

Issues aside, none of them compared to the Yukon XL.

OP
OP
Y

YuDe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Issues aside, none of them compared to the Yukon XL.

agree with both of you. I'm moving on. Problem is nothing else compares directly with the Yukon Denali. Expedition and Sequoia are too dated in my opinion. The large SUVs from BMW/Audi/Infiniti/Merc/Lexus are all good but not my taste. I've considered Jeep SRT, Durango, Explorer, Acadia/Traverse etc., each of them has some or the other showstopper.

I am now leaning towards a 2016 F-150 Platinum. Its got everything I want (luxury, power, gadgets, seating height). It doesn't have a third row but the second row is quite spacious. Its also 15k to 20k cheaper than the Denali.

Reaction score
something to consider if you are a high mileage driver and planning to keep the vehicle for quite some time.
the 15's are still coming with the 100k/5y drivetrain warranty, were GM change the drivetrain warranty policy on 16's to only 60k/5y

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts