Had to scratch the itch!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After years of wanting one, I finally found one for a good price and clean up to my standards. I grabbed a 17 platinum. Yes I know the 8 speed woes but this one shifts like butter at 70k, and the carfax shows fluid changes and all good service records at dealers only.

Loved the burb for sure but I have wanted one of these for a long time so decided this is the time due to the market getting soft and dealers willing to play. Thinking maybe some lowering is in order, maybe just some leveling springs for the rear. Who knows. Still just impressed by it as it sits...

Hardest move is from the XL/Burb/ESV platform, to the short. BUT I have been wanting to downsize honestly, kids dont need toting etc so might as well downsize a bit.

32825106108x640.jpg32825107498x640.jpg32825107502x640.jpg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent choice!

Out of curiosity did your 2015 Suburban give you any major issues?

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats!! We just picked up a 2018 ESV and love it. We had Burbs and yukons and Denalis in the past, and have to admit we never considered a Caddy....but honestly its better than out 2017 Yukon Denali we had in the same generation. Enjoy

OP
OP
Bigkevschopshop

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent choice!

Out of curiosity did your 2015 Suburban give you any major issues?
Thanks,

Honestly the only issue it had was 73k lifters started to make noise, replaced them before wiping a cam out, 2 front MRC struts, and general maintenance. Traded in at 97700 and still good as ever.

OP
OP
Bigkevschopshop

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats!! We just picked up a 2018 ESV and love it. We had Burbs and yukons and Denalis in the past, and have to admit we never considered a Caddy....but honestly its better than out 2017 Yukon Denali we had in the same generation. Enjoy
Congrats to yall too, yeah I think the only thing I will miss is the trailer brake controller. But I will add a Redarc to this one and it will be fine. The adjustability of the seats is down right amazing...

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats to yall too, yeah I think the only thing I will miss is the trailer brake controller. But I will add a Redarc to this one and it will be fine. The adjustability of the seats is down right amazing...
Yeah, I was really surprised it didnt have a brake controller?? My 17' Denali had it! Yet it says right on the sticker trailering equipment!!! So does it take a special Controller?? No biggie as its the wifes truck I have my 3.0 Sierra for the trailer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan