A little love

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badc4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well since motor transplant and Suburban to Tahoe transformation I had a chance to do some maintenance love. Changed transmission filter change, oil change with some mobile 1 hm and AC Delco filter. Also changed front and rear differential fluids. Only really had bad fluids in front diff. Was gray, obviously water in it at one point. IMG_20200122_093347.jpg IMG_20200121_172414.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I would not discount the possibility of metal in the front diff old fluid turning it grey. Bearing debris or worse yet ground up gear debris. I would drive for a bit and recheck the fluid and listen close for noise while driving. I too recently did ALL the fluids on mine. Good luck.

Last edited:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not discount the possibility of metal in the front diff old fluid turning it grey. Bearing debris or worse yet ground up gear debris. I would drive for a bit and recheck the fluid and listen close for noise while driving. I too recently did AL the fluids on mine. Good luck.

I still need to do my front diff. I got everything rounded up for the project. Just need to order a fluid pump.

OP
OP
1badc4

1badc4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not discount the possibility of metal in the front diff old fluid turning it grey. Bearing debris or worse yet ground up gear debris. I would drive for a bit and recheck the fluid and listen close for noise while driving. I too recently did ALL the fluids on mine. Good luck.
Hopefully not that. Magnet had small amount of slurry not too bad for 160k. It works well. Probably never even use 4wd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645