~ A/C questions ~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
nimrod.sixty9

nimrod.sixty9

Hold on, I got this.
Reaction score
it might be. or a weak compressor. i said it before that you need to have a performance test done to make sure you have returned it stock performance.

How is this performance test done? Would it tell me what I can do to resolve?

I was recently told that these type compressors do make a certain amount of noise; light noise is common.

Noticed that it wasnt blowing cool the other day, but now blows fine. Seems like I may be in the same puddle I was before (after spending a ton of money). Seems to be blowing cool for now. Still not impressed for all new parts...

I may be low on freon too. I seem to remember that one of the sensors on the accum leaked when I started to charge. Tightened it up and pressure held; but maaaybe its a slow leak? Need to get the gauges on to find out. Thoughts on this?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
a performance test is basically running they unit and while active actively measure the high side and low side pressures ambient temp and humidity and air temp from inside the center vent. in any given moment certain numbers should all match the chart. if the pressures or temps are off it can help determine the issue. all compressors make noise.

OP
OP
nimrod.sixty9

nimrod.sixty9

Hold on, I got this.
Reaction score
a performance test is basically running they unit and while active actively measure the high side and low side pressures ambient temp and humidity and air temp from inside the center vent. in any given moment certain numbers should all match the chart. if the pressures or temps are off it can help determine the issue. all compressors make noise.

Buddy (A/C tech) who had the gauges and vacuum is the one who helped me charge said gauges and temp looked good. He explained it to me but I honestly didnt understand much. Just explained all looked very good.

Ive noticed that the compressor seems to be making much more noise. Impending doom (again)?

Like I said, its in an out. I havent noticed it lately, but I still worry. Is it possible it may be the blend doors?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n